• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body panels/Floor

phil_leroux

Hey guys, new to the forum. I recently picked up a 1971 Bronco. I have a question regarding body panels and floor pans. Has anyone used Classic 2 Current panels/floor?
Should I stick with Dynacorn?

Thanks

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Hi Phil! Welcome to CB. This is a great bronco community with great people and more information about broncos than you could imagine. First off, tell us where you live because there's almost always a bronco brother or sister nearby. 2. Become a contributor ($12 a year) so you can post pictures of your rig. WE LOVE PICTURES!

As to your question, I've never heard of "Classic 2" but that doesn't mean anything. I live in Oregon and can get all my sheet metal parts from Tom's Bronco and they are excellent. If you look at some of their body panels online they will explain little nuances and tidbits about what to look for in a piece that makes it better quality. Dynacorn has a great reputation. At this point, I'm moving half a country away from Tom's where I can't pick up parts with no shipping. But, from what I've seen and learned, I would still order body parts from them. I'm sure other people will have more knowledge, wisdom and insight. Welcome! - Jim

OP
OP
P

phil_leroux

Hi Phil! Welcome to CB. This is a great bronco community with great people and more information about broncos than you could imagine. First off, tell us where you live because there's almost always a bronco brother or sister nearby. 2. Become a contributor ($12 a year) so you can post pictures of your rig. WE LOVE PICTURES!

As to your question, I've never heard of "Classic 2" but that doesn't mean anything. I live in Oregon and can get all my sheet metal parts from Tom's Bronco and they are excellent. If you look at some of their body panels online they will explain little nuances and tidbits about what to look for in a piece that makes it better quality. Dynacorn has a great reputation. At this point, I'm moving half a country away from Tom's where I can't pick up parts with no shipping. But, from what I've seen and learned, I would still order body parts from them. I'm sure other people will have more knowledge, wisdom and insight. Welcome! - Jim

Thanks for the advise! I will definitely contribute to the site.

Cheers!

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
They are all not going to fit perfectly. You will need to modify them to make them work. I would go with the ones the have the best shipping rates. I believe I read that Dennis Carpenter has a reasonable flat rate for shipping parts. Ken

pipeline010

or try to find a small classic resto shop in your area. they may let you piggy back on their orders if they move a lot of stuff. i got very lucky this way.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I used Tom's last time... Graveyard's were good as well, but shipping to CA was too much.. Everything will be a custom fit, nothing ever just drops into place.

Welcome.

thiswildbronco

I too am a new "board member", in Oregon. Currently having my '76 frame-off restored. After waiting years because I was afraid of the rust I might find, I bit the bullet and went for it. All my fears were realized. Although we could have spend the man hour$ to brinh her back, buying a Dennis Carpenter tub seemed like a much more sensible route so that's what we did. I now also need to get replacement hood (old one was glass w/scoop, and I'm reverting to a more stock, uncut look) as well as front fenders. We will likely be getting this sheet metal from TBPs, but I'm curious what you all can tell me with respect to quality differences between the various suppliers of metal replacement panels. Dennis Carpenter vs Dynacorn vs Toms Bronco Parts vs WH, etc??? I understand that Dynacorn has the ford license? But does this mean anything with respect to quality compared to others?

Thanks for any and all info. As a long time lurker, I've learned a ton from you all and I hope to be in a position to pay it back a little bit now. Cheers, -Doug.

ptwist

I purchased the full assembled front section via Dynacorn and they didn't install spacers in the rear tub to body mounts so it started to crush when I was installing it. just punched out a tube and put it in but thought I would mention it.

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
I too am a new "board member", in Oregon. Currently having my '76 frame-off restored. After waiting years because I was afraid of the rust I might find, I bit the bullet and went for it. All my fears were realized. Although we could have spend the man hour$ to brinh her back, buying a Dennis Carpenter tub seemed like a much more sensible route so that's what we did. I now also need to get replacement hood (old one was glass w/scoop, and I'm reverting to a more stock, uncut look) as well as front fenders. We will likely be getting this sheet metal from TBPs, but I'm curious what you all can tell me with respect to quality differences between the various suppliers of metal replacement panels. Dennis Carpenter vs Dynacorn vs Toms Bronco Parts vs WH, etc??? I understand that Dynacorn has the ford license? But does this mean anything with respect to quality compared to others?

Thanks for any and all info. As a long time lurker, I've learned a ton from you all and I hope to be in a position to pay it back a little bit now. Cheers, -Doug.

I used a dynacorn hood on mine and it fit great...