• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ok: I. HAVE. HAD. IT! I'm about 2 breaths away from giving up!

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I know the feeling, but hang on. Mine was a driver. I did the 4x4x2 power steering kit. I put in power brakes. Replaced the gas tank. New Carb, etc... All those were singular projects. Install, then drive it. Then do something else. Drive it. It was all good. Then in the early part of this year, I decided to bite the bullet and go for the full wiring harness, custom dash, new roll cage, and tube doors. Ya right! Frustrating as hell to find the time and it just sits in the garage and makes me sick when I see it. I have the dash pulled and part of the old wiring harness pulled. I only get about 3 months of legit nice weather in Seattle to enjoy it with the top off and its stuck in the garage. I know the angry feeling. Just need to keep chipping away. I hope to have it all back together by February, but who knows.

That being said, I don't get as much done as I want, but when I do get to work on it and one of my three little helpers wants to help, its hard to get too mad :)

Looks like she has the wiring taken care of.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I know the feeling, but hang on. Mine was a driver. I did the 4x4x2 power steering kit. I put in power brakes. Replaced the gas tank. New Carb, etc... All those were singular projects. Install, then drive it. Then do something else. Drive it. It was all good. Then in the early part of this year, I decided to bite the bullet and go for the full wiring harness, custom dash, new roll cage, and tube doors. Ya right! Frustrating as hell to find the time and it just sits in the garage and makes me sick when I see it. I have the dash pulled and part of the old wiring harness pulled. I only get about 3 months of legit nice weather in Seattle to enjoy it with the top off and its stuck in the garage. I know the angry feeling. Just need to keep chipping away. I hope to have it all back together by February, but who knows.

That being said, I don't get as much done as I want, but when I do get to work on it and one of my three little helpers wants to help, its hard to get too mad :)

With a little cutie like that helping you don't be too big a hurry to finish it. she's worth the wait.

Nuke

OP, there is a fairly good looking 73 tub listed in the classifieds section located in Cali. May be a better starting point.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Hey Jim, I'm glad you're hanging in there with it. I wish you all the best results as you plow through this project. Good luck, Mark

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Keep plugging away and motivated big guy... U GO THIS

RPM289

I am in the middle of a 66 Mustang i started on 16 years ago , most weld work was done on a rotisserie. I think you have a good plan there and she will appreciate all the time spent working on it with you. Take your time and you can do it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Signed back up for the insanity yet? :)

I guess if you're taking it to MS w/ya you still in it to win it :D

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Signed back up for the insanity yet? :)

I guess if you're taking it to MS w/ya you still in it to win it :D

yeah. looks like it. My sister down there has a life-long friend who rebuilds old cars and trucks and I've already talked to him. Seen some pics of what he does and it looks like really good work. So we'll see if he'll do some of what I can't and I'll do the rest.