• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC AC Bulkhead to Compressor Hose Fit

techlaf

Contributor
Does anyone have a pic or description of how they ran their bulkhead to compressor hose?

I think this would be much easier if you have a carb vs. EFI. I have EFI and the upper intake plenum is taking up a lot of the hose space. The way I have the hose run in the picture, you can't bend the hose to get on the compressor connection.

Also, is it better to orient the compressor connections to the side instead of straight up? The hose length seems too short to run around the upper intake when the compressor is on the side.

Attachments

• CompressorHose1.jpg
    CompressorHose1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 71
  • CompressorHose2.jpg
    CompressorHose2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 69

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Roll the compressor to the side. Put the hose from the firewall on top of the valve cover to the compressor. You may have to remove the upper to get it in place. Put it as far to the drivers side as possible. If you leave the compressor as it is in your picture the hood will hit the hoses unless you have a big body lift.

OP
OP
techlaf

techlaf

Contributor
Thanks Chuck. I will rotate the compressor. I think you're right. I will probably have to take the upper intake off to thread the hose under it and above the valve cover.

backpain

Bronco Guru
See if these guys will make you a longer hose :)

RICK'S RODS & PERFORMANCE Tel: 3379887637 Stocking:
4246 WEST CONGRESS STREET Toll Free: Installer:
LAFAYETTE LA 70506 E-mail: Assistance:
Fax: 3379889931

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Rotating the Compresor 90 degrees will fix all sort of fitment issues.