• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front bumper

bsquared

Contributor
Spindle

LOOKS AWESOME, THANKS, I will definitely borrow from your design. is that a front spindle of some kind?? I like the bearing idea!!:cool::cool:

It's a trailer spindle. Company I got if from is listed on the sheet. They supply a sleeve to weld in first and then the spindle slides in that sleeve. It can be just tacked to the sleeve, or welded full in. You might be able to save a few $$ sourcing it local, not sure.

Good luck and look over that thread by Mark. I used the "gate latch" idea that he had worked out. Let me know if you need more info on the spindle or latches. Be happy to help.

bsquared

Contributor
AutoCAD

BTW, I Am and Autodesk certified instructor of both Autocad and Inventor! I worked for a reseller for 5 years and got certified as an "Expert" on both and Data management!

my creative artistic side comes out when I work on my Bronco! I had to make the bumpers simply as a conversational starter and for bragging rights! I like the idea of building not buying! JMHO

Let me know if you need any help on Autocad, I recommend you skip it and go directly to Inventor for mechanical design.

Man, I'll take you up on that! I'll send you a PM to keep your thread focused on the bumpers. ;-)

bsquared

Contributor
BRONCO lisence plate

Love the Bronco license plate you must have owned that thing (or another one) for quite a while to score that custom tag.

Got it about 5 years ago. Used a "Q" for the first "O" cause no one had claimed that one yet. Have since gone to an antique plate for the back, but still have the BRQNCO one up front. (got tired of paying for the custom plates) ;D

Appreciate the note, B2

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
Mocking up skid plating

I cut 3 inches from the middle bottom plate and am NOT happy with the approach angle. I am going to fold it in about mid way to improve the approach angle and keep the protection. :cool::cool::cool:

let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• IMG_5569.jpg
    IMG_5569.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5565[1].jpg
    IMG_5565[1].jpg
    146 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5566[1].jpg
    IMG_5566[1].jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
Ground clearance!!!

ok, here is teh progress report, not done for tonite, just eager to update!!

pic 1 from first skid plate tacking, second after trimming 3 inches, and third after folding in 3 inches!;D;D;D

Attachments

• IMG_5577.jpg
    IMG_5577.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5575.jpg
    IMG_5575.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5571.jpg
    IMG_5571.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5553.jpg
    IMG_5553.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
Done

BUMPERS ARE DONE!!! now for lights and mirrors:cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• IMG_5579.jpg
    IMG_5579.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5583.jpg
    IMG_5583.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5591.jpg
    IMG_5591.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 71

bsquared

Contributor
Looks awesome! I like the headlight guards. The three racked in the middle look good too.

When I get my CAD going, I'm gonna come calling for those plans. ;D

Cheers, B2