• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Soft Top w/out Tinted Windows

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Well I have a rampage top on my bronco and a softopper on my Tacoma. I could probably put the softopper on and off ten times before I could get the rampage top back on. Plus the material is more like you’d see on a newer jeep soft top. Although, I haven’t seen the newer diamond material rampage has.

So I sent 'Bob' an email telling him I knew a guy that had a Rampage top on a Bronco and one of their tops on another truck and their top was much higher quality.
Told him if I was going to spend hundred$ on a top I wanted the best quality for the money.
Maybe that will give them a push.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Well I have a rampage top on my bronco and a softopper on my Tacoma. I could probably put the softopper on and off ten times before I could get the rampage top back on. Plus the material is more like you’d see on a newer jeep soft top. Although, I haven’t seen the newer diamond material rampage has.

It's thin, nothing like bestop.

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Their response to a group buy:

“No...not at this point.

Try back in the spring....but I can't make any promises. With the Rampage one selling for $599.00 or less we can't compete with that..and won't try.

Bob”

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Seen a soft topper up close on a friend of a friend's 89 4 runner. Pretty good material from what I could tell

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Their response to a group buy:

“No...not at this point.

Try back in the spring....but I can't make any promises. With the Rampage one selling for $599.00 or less we can't compete with that..and won't try.

Bob”

That sounds about right though..

darkmagus

Yeah I will happily pay the same price as their other tops. Hell I paid over $750 for my Tacoma topper. I’m going to email them again and send them a link to the bc top. Just because others make a top cheaper doesn’t mean you can’t make one better.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Yeah I will happily pay the same price as their other tops. Hell I paid over $750 for my Tacoma topper. I’m going to email them again and send them a link to the bc top. Just because others make a top cheaper doesn’t mean you can’t make one better.

Excellent point!!

Society needs to get back to thinking like this.

Quality remains long after the cost is forgotten.

OP
OP
B

Bronco4x4

Anyone else contact Rampage or Bestop for clear windows? I only tried Rampage and no reply as of yet.

VICTORC

Clear windows

Wanted clear also. Took my windows to a marine canvas fabricator and they replaced the tinted to clear. Cost $150.00. They did an excellent job.

Galt72

Contributor
I have a kayline white top with clear windows. it's been sitting in a box for years and was hardly used. I pulled it out today with thoughts of selling it but one of the side windows has badly yellowed and needs replaced. ?:?

OP
OP
B

Bronco4x4

I guess personal preference for me. I'm on the east coast and no need to keep the sun out. I also don't like the visibility backing up etc. at night. The most important, I don't like to buy a product I do not want. Why has the clear option dissapeared?

OP
OP
B

Bronco4x4

Galt72 >> no thanks for the used Kayline. I plan to buy new for this project. I am not in dire need at this time and maybe clear windows will be back or Soft Topper will build one. There needs to be options available for this important part of an EB.

Nothing Special

Just curious, why all the hate for tinted windows?

I think it's great that the manufacturers offer them for people who have AC. But I don't have AC, so if it's hot I have the top off, and when I have it on I don't want to have to deal with the reduced visibility.