• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Celebration Tenn.

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Not at all I take that as a compliment!! To be honest if you look like your avatar I'll give you mine LOL

Hahahahaha....noooo, I'm not of the female variety. Sexy, yes...female, no.

I was thinking of trying to figure out how to use one of the rear glasses that roll up and down instead of the manual kind.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Hahahahaha....noooo, I'm not of the female variety. Sexy, yes...female, no.

I was thinking of trying to figure out how to use one of the rear glasses that roll up and down instead of the manual kind.

i have seen that somewhere .... where a guy removed the bulkhead and rear of the cab and grafted the rear section from a explorer sport trac into

~~~~~~~~~~~

Not at all I take that as a compliment!! To be honest if you look like your avatar I'll give you mine LOL

When you do it please share with me the tweeks you have in mind. I have some more ideas myself on the next one.

hold on a sec ... NEXT ??? so you going to sale this one ???

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I hate that we had to meet that way, but glad I could help. Although somewhat new to the EB thing, I have been wheeling for years and have learned the value of helping out when I can AND not leaving someone behind. I wish I could say the same for the guy in front of us who 1) kept stopping in front of us so he could get a running star at the water crossings... And 2) who drove off the concrete slabs into the creek... Maybe he will learn someday.

I look forward to running into you again and getting a better look at that truck!

Todd

Hey Todd ...
it was nice seeing you and if you referring to me ... I AM SORRY !!
i dont thing i went off off the concrete but if i did it wasnt intentional !!
regarding the last few water crossings .... i was just trying to cool down my 3 days befor newly installed brakes that fumed up the cabin !!

Sorry ..i wasnt quite happy at the time bc the smell was horrible !!

ransil

Bronco Guru
Hey Todd ...
it was nice seeing you and if you referring to me ... I AM SORRY !!
i dont thing i went off off the concrete but if i did it wasnt intentional !!
regarding the last few water crossings .... i was just trying to cool down my 3 days befor newly installed brakes that fumed up the cabin !!

Sorry ..i wasnt quite happy at the time bc the smell was horrible !!

Franko I was behind you, so he is not talking about you. My go pro camera has about 1k pictures of the back of your bronco ;D

when you smell things one the trail first response is I hope its not me

RV77

Loc.
Springfield,IL
He's referring to a grey eb w/ like 31 x 8 and I saw this guy drive and he wasnt treading lightly

Btw Franko thanks again for the clamp even though you refused payment.The line held longer than I expected

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Franko- it definitely wasn't you- sorry for the confusion.

I don't want to blast anyone on here (or not on here). I would just like to believe he wasn't thinking. I was pretty aggravated about it and the wife said I needed to focus on getting Shep's truck out in one piece. She really does balance me!!

Normally I would have said something to them on the spot... at least about getting off the concrete- splashing the water can be useful on occasion if the water crossing is protected. ;D

Todd

OP
OP
Shepcj71

Shepcj71

Loc.
Byron, Ga
Tail Of the Dragon Pix

Well since I broke down I missed being with the line of Broncos doing the Dragon. So I searched for the later time slot and found them. I gotta say I was pushing it hard I was actually pretty inpressed how well it did in those corners.

Attachments

• 171053.jpg
    171053.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 34
  • 171054.jpg
    171054.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 171055.jpg
    171055.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 171056.jpg
    171056.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 171057.jpg
    171057.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 34

Bearclaw71

ShepCJ71s half cab was initially behind me, didn't realize he broke down until I was around corner, so I stopped to let the lead broncos know to stop. Glad it was running again the next day! Nice window grafting, btw.

The dark grey/ black rhinolined rig then ended up behind me and was blazing the creek crossings.

Mountain Rams green bronco did a stand up job towing him to the Dragon!
...could have been any of us. What a great group!

OP
OP
Shepcj71

Shepcj71

Loc.
Byron, Ga
ShepCJ71s half cab was initially behind me, didn't realize he broke down until I was around corner, so I stopped to let the lead broncos know to stop. Glad it was running again the next day! Nice window grafting, btw.

The dark grey/ black rhinolined rig then ended up behind me and was blazing the creek crossings.

Mountain Rams green bronco did a stand up job towing him to the Dragon!
...could have been any of us. What a great group!

Amen brother!! he did an amazing job of pulling me my leg was shaking for an hour after we got finished trying to hold the brakes with no power assist on those down hill sections. Great group is right!!

OP
OP
Shepcj71

Shepcj71

Loc.
Byron, Ga
i have seen that somewhere .... where a guy removed the bulkhead and rear of the cab and grafted the rear section from a explorer sport trac into

~~~~~~~~~~~

hold on a sec ... NEXT ??? so you going to sale this one ???

Well everything is for sale but I have no intensions of trying to sell it.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Franko I was behind you, so he is not talking about you. My go pro camera has about 1k pictures of the back of your bronco ;D

i like to see all that .... you are making a video out of all the pics ??

Btw Franko thanks again for the clamp even though you refused payment.The line held longer than I expected

no problem ... anytime !!!

i took a few pics at the water crossing of your and the EB behind you ( dont know the owner !) that i would like ( w. your and the other owners permission ) to enter for the 2013 CB calendar !!!

Attachments

• DSCN2322.jpg
    DSCN2322.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN2232.jpg
    DSCN2232.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

ransil

Bronco Guru
Wasn't planning on it, I'm new to the go pro was trying to figure it out.

I will look and see what I can do.
I can send you a DVD.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I have been considering one of those Go Pro cameras... Not too pricey but I am waiting to see if I can afford the Wi-Fi remote version that is supposed to come out soon...

I would like to see some photos from yours... I saw you had it mounted on your windshield.

Greg

bluemonday

Loc.
South Louisiana
Yellow Half Cab

Well since I broke down I missed being with the line of Broncos doing the Dragon. So I searched for the later time slot and found them. I gotta say I was pushing it hard I was actually pretty inpressed how well it did in those corners.
Shepcj71, Very flippin nice Half Cab. Give us some of your specs., lift, tire size, wheels, body lift.....

OP
OP
Shepcj71

Shepcj71

Loc.
Byron, Ga
Shepcj71, Very flippin nice Half Cab. Give us some of your specs., lift, tire size, wheels, body lift.....

Thanks!!
Well lets see its a 31/2 to 4" lift chassis and 2" body. 89 Mustang 5.0 engine fuel injected, AOD Transmission with 2500 stall, shift kit, j case with tcase low gears, 457 and 456 gears, aussie locker rear, 31 splined axles rear, chassis is a 77, body is 72 and 77. Front dana 44 with Spartan locker. Used the 66 turn signal lights in front, removed all side markers, custom made dash, painless wiring harness, twin stick shifters, 10" pacer wheels, with 12 1/2 x 35" Mickey Thompson tires. Buckaroo hood from Wild Horses, 90 model Mustang seats, 87 Mustang sunroof, 2001 Ranger pickup back with factory sliding glass. Paint is dupont Chroma-base with three coats of clear. Color is a 71 Mustang color called Goldenrod. The black side pieces on the cab are off of a Jeep truck. I think that about does it.

Last edited:

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Thanks!!
Well lets see its a 31/2 to 4" lift chassis and 2" body. 89 Mustang 5.0 engine fuel injected, AOD Transmission with 2500 stall, shift kit, j case with tcase low gears, 457 and 456 gears, aussie locker rear, 31 splined axles rear, chassis is a 77, body is 72 and 77. Front dana 44 with Spartan locker. Used the 66 turn signal lights in front, removed all side markers, custom made dash, painless wiring harness, twin stick shifters, 10" pacer wheels, with 12 1/2 x 35" Mickey Thompson tires. Buckaroo hood from Wild Horses, 90 model Mustang seats, 87 Mustang sunroof, 2001 Ranger pickup back with factory sliding glass. Paint is dupont Chroma-base with three coats of clear. Color is a 71 Mustang color called Goldenrod. The black side pieces on the cab are off of a Jeep truck. I think that about does it.

That cab is pretty trick.... I loved everything you did with it.... the sun roof is awesome... making me think seriously about trying something like that with my hard top. You did an incredible job.

Greg

OP
OP
Shepcj71

Shepcj71

Loc.
Byron, Ga
That cab is pretty trick.... I loved everything you did with it.... the sun roof is awesome... making me think seriously about trying something like that with my hard top. You did an incredible job.

Greg

Thanks very much Greg I appreciate the kind words.