• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Introduction

PickleJar

Hello all,

Long time reader, now a member, as I will finally be starting my build.

Short back story: I purchased my Bronco in 2005, when in High School. Once home I made it road safe, and basically tooled around in it during the summer time. Had a great time for a few years. Then I moved out, went to school, got married, etc...

However, for 12 years I have been stock piling parts until the day would come. Well this weekend it is being pulled out of its hole, and I am going to start the tear down process...

Some info on the Bronco: 1976 U15 base model. 69,000 miles, original 302 and 3 speed, stock suspension, and already cut, but no flares. Not too much rust. Ugly 1980's after market seats...

I need to become a contributor and then you can look for pictures toward the end of the week (won't be starting until Saturday)...

Pictures and questions to come soon. I have a pretty sound plan I think, but Ill throw it out there later this week and see what you all think once I get it into the shop. I have read enough on this site for 12 years I feel like I have an "online" Masters degree in building broncos. Very helpful toward my scheme which has been long in the making, and changed many times. Thanks before hand for the education...

Talk to you all soon...

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome and looking forward to seeing pics of the bronco!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Yes yes pics please, especially before you pull it 'out of the hole' ;D welcome to the light

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
awesome, can't wait to see this - if you've been reading for 12 years I bet you have a very good idea of what you want to do to your EB.....

KeithKinPhx

Welcome aboard. I too just started a restoration after piling up parts for 14 years. Bought the wiring harness in 2003. So don't feel too bad. Have fun with it.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Very cool! looking forward to some pics. are you building it for the trails or pavement or both?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome.

Set your goal first.

What do you want?

Retromod?
All stock vintage?
Rock climber?
Mall cruiser?
Daily driver?

I submit this because my goal changed three times, and that led to a very long rebuild.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Good for you for being able to hang on to it. There are way too many stories that end in "I wish I would have not sold it". Let the wrenching begin!

boonz28

Contributor
Wait, sprdv1 didn't tell him to vote daily for the best 4x4 site?!?!

You're slipping spr... lol

Welcome to the site PickleJar!

romegadave

Welcome!! Starting a build? You're in a pickle now!!

.....Sorry I couldn't resist. Looking forward to pics!