• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Doldrums

sriha

Took the Bronco out on Saturday, high of 40 but I have a roof. I didn't properly close the door and it popped open and made my left side a little chilly. I am content letting my Bronco sit over winter, I just wish winter would get here. We have been right around the freeze/thaw temps so can't really do anything. Mountain bike trails are closed because they get muddy and soft until the frost sets in and stays. I want the ground to freeze and snow to come so I can get out on the snowmobile. To beat the doldrums it is best to have multiple hobbies.

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
Will do. If I sell it I am going to leave the soft top on and just cut the ratchet straps holding the hard top to the rafters of my garage and watch it plunge and squash on the floor. All this because I have bashed my head on it at least 20 times since I put it up there. Wrapped the edges and posts with bubble wrap!

Haha, don't do it, it's worth more with hard top. I've been following them for a while now and soft top only don't seem to bring the money. I have one I want to buy now but it only has a soft top. That's really holding me back.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Time to retreat to the insulated garage and fire up the kerosene heaters. Winter is the time for upgrades for me. 31 spline big bearing disc braked axle, regearing, and a tilt column...

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I was going to add a nice, well-insulated and gas heated garage with proper ventilation to continue the work...now if I only had one of those. Mine is tucked as tight in the corner as possible with Sta-bil in the tank and the battery disconnected.

It is what it is. I hate watching my daily drivers rust away as well. I HATE salt with a passion.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Wow....freezing weather.....salt on the roads....state taxes....
Florida ain't so bad....

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Sinkholes are confined to specific areas.

I am lucky to not live in one of those areas. I actually work in the Geo-Civil Engineering arena.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I think the big advantage to the West is the abillity to have the climate you want by changing your altitude. When Tucson is at 110, I can be at 9000' in a little more than an hr. There the temp rarely hits 90. Winter brings plenty of mountain snow to play with and chains make it easy. When my hands and feet get wet I can come back to town and enjoy 70s-80s. The altitude is the main factor not the latitude. The weather in Albuquerque is similar to Sierra Vista Az that is south of Tucson. The other advantage to the south west is that it's dry. When you leave the road your on gravel not mud. You can literally drive an EB cross country or cross desert. No road or trail needed. It's not always legal, but in many places there's no one for many miles around to even say anything. The Border Patrol are the only authorities I run into and they're good people never a problem. In fact most people out there are hunters, ranchers, miners etc. who are friendly and willing to help if needed. People act far better when they're all well armed.

OP
OP
67RT

67RT

Bronco Guru
This is what I have to do today to stay warm. I can pretend I'm in Mexico as I imported the beach pebbles for the patio from a Mexican beach. Not sure it was worth it as I had a haul 30 tons of rock from my front yard to the back with a wheelbarrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 19