• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Precious Metals in San Diego?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Always gonna be high dollar at places like that... :(

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
Saw these guys at the (1st) LA Classic Car Show at the LA Convention Center a couple of weeks ago.....

They had a Green one for $60K. and a Red (Fuel Injected) one for $70K.

(I have No Idea how they came up with those Prices....)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
He's also advertising a lot on the various Bronco groups on FB. He posted a pic of a '77 on one group and mentioned that he was going to keep it because it was so nice. A commenter soon came back with an Ebay link to it for sale. He lost any respect I might have been willing to give him at that point.

With the surging popularity of these rigs, we're finding a whole new crop of opportunists trying to cash in on their popularity.

Todd Z.

HoldMyPocket

Loc.
OC, CA
I've seen a lot of Broncos like these ones and from far away they look pretty promising.

Get closer and you will see:

- rattle-can painted frames on which they painted over rust, grease, fuel and brake lines
- pretty crappy paint jobs upon closer inspection
- basic lift kits (blocks and coils with basic shocks and stock radius arms)
- nothing special done to the engine/transmission except MAYBE a crate motor or a dress up kit on the engine
- awful rust repair (doors don't lineup because they didn't brace the body etc)
- stock wiring harnesses
on and on...

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Those prices might not look too bad when the new bronco is unveiled if it's not what the EB crowd wants. I know two guys waiting to see what the new bronco looks like. If it's acceptable, they'll buy one, if not, they're ready to spend $40k-$50k on a legit restoration/restomod.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
i've seen a lot of broncos like these ones and from far away they look pretty promising.

- rattle-can painted frames on which they painted over rust, grease, fuel and brake lines
- nothing special done to the engine/transmission except maybe a crate motor or a dress up kit on the engine
- stock wiring harnesses
on and on...

x2.......

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
Saw these guys at the (1st) LA Classic Car Show at the LA Convention Center a couple of weeks ago.....

They had a Green one for $60K. and a Red (Fuel Injected) one for $70K.

(I have No Idea how they came up with those Prices....)

On the Green one for $60K, it listed Chrome Bumpers = $3,000.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I've seen a lot of Broncos like these ones and from far away they look pretty promising.

- nothing special done to the engine/transmission except MAYBE a crate motor or a dress up kit on the engine
- stock wiring harnesses
on and on...
wow for that price I think could afford a couple arm rests, grommets/plugs in the engine bay:eek:. hell I would of at least put on a nice new fuel filter;D and on and on

Precious Metals

in my defense, Hey that Red ONE from LA Classic Sold for 62k plus 10%, and at Auction!! Bidders they Fought for it... so thanks for commenting on how Did I come up with those Numbers Looks Like the Public of Actual Buyers thought the same. John gets $6,000 for his Bumpers he's sold 3 sets from my ads because everyone comments how much they like them? He thanks me everytime. Got a Persoanl 40 car Collection cant keep everthing but thanks guys!!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
in my defense, Hey that Red ONE from LA Classic Sold for 62k plus 10%, and at Auction!! Bidders they Fought for it... so thanks for commenting on how Did I come up with those Numbers Looks Like the Public of Actual Buyers thought the same. John gets $6,000 for his Bumpers he's sold 3 sets from my ads because everyone comments how much they like them? He thanks me everytime. Got a Persoanl 40 car Collection cant keep everthing but thanks guys!!
6K for stockish looking bumpers:eek: can you explain what's special with them

Precious Metals

take a look at the Bumpers again, if you think thats a Stockish looking Bumper you Dont know Broncos Hand made Polished Aluminum with the Winch set in, Reciever nestled in there nicley, with cover and storage compartment!!! Come on Its No off the Shelf Toms Bronco Crap... Go build a set then let me know how it took you.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
take a look at the Bumpers again, if you think thats a Stockish looking Bumper you Dont know Broncos Hand made Polished Aluminum with the Winch set in, Reciever nestled in there nicley, with cover and storage compartment!!! Come on Its No off the Shelf Toms Bronco Crap... Go build a set then let me know how it took you.

well i'll be, the winch is hiding with the power steering pump;D

Precious Metals

Maybe you just don’t know what a Power Steering Pump looks like??? it’s in there. Since you obviously dont know what they are referring too... it’s the Green one, Not the Blue one. Have Nice day.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Maybe you just don’t know what a Power Steering Pump looks like??? it’s in there. Since you obviously dont know what they are referring too... it’s the Green one, Not the Blue one. Have Nice day.

Sir:

The Bronco being discussed in this thread per the original post is a blue 1972 Bronco with what appear to be stock bumpers - hence everyone's confusion regarding your comments regarding power steering and $6k bumpers.

Todd Z.