• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fiberglass half cab

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
So, I recently bought a brand new Broncodesign half cab from someone who took their project in a different direction. I have read all the threads about fiberglass half cabs but still need some specific information about mounting it up. The front windshield area has one tapped/threaded hole in each corner but none working towards the middle of the mounting lip. What is recommended for making the other mounting holes? The top is double walled so what do I do to reach the back of the holes if I have to drill them?

Any experienced help mounting one of these is appreciated!

KBUCK1

I bet that top used to belong to me. U buy it from a guy in Griffin? Anyways, you have to drill and tap the remaining holes. You won't need to get to the back side. Just set it up there and make sure everything lines up like you want. You can move the windshield frame front to back slightly and change the margins around the window frames on the doors. Once you get everything like you want it then you can mark and tap the remaining holes

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Mac, call Corey at Bronco Design, I'm sure he can and will help you. I frequent their facility and they are top notch!

KBUCK1

If that's the top that belonged to me you'll have problems. They sent me a new one because the angle on the passenger side door opening was off. The top wouldn't sit flat on the rear quarter panel because of it. I drilled 2 holes and tapped them, one on each corner. They let me keep the bad top and I sold it here locally and told the buyer of the problems. This was the previous owners of bronco design

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
KBUCK,

I bought it from a guy in Brooks, GA. Only holes I saw drilled and tapped were in the corner of each side of the windshield, but I'll check tomorrow when I get back in town from the inlaws (Thanksgiving in the mountains). Guy said he got it when he bought a Bronco from down near Byron/Fort Vally area.

If that's the top that belonged to me you'll have problems. They sent me a new one because the angle on the passenger side door opening was off. The top wouldn't sit flat on the rear quarter panel because of it. I drilled 2 holes and tapped them, one on each corner. They let me keep the bad top and I sold it here locally and told the buyer of the problems. This was the previous owners of bronco design