• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B.C. Broncos charged my credit card 887.00. I didn't order anything?

panteramatt

Could you imagine if you didnt have the funds in your account and got overdrawn twice? Im with the op, I wouldnt be happy at all and I believe BC should give a discount of somekind for this guys troubles.

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Two stick. You're a nubie, so what. I would be pissed as hell and spamming all over the place why, because I would be the one being inconvenienced. Crybaby, look at the avatar of the poster of that one( 1st amendment that). Not everyone here can take a hit of a grand or as the last post over a grand, I can say truthfully I can't and my wife would have my balls in a grinder if she saw that kind of a charge out of what is probably a family acct( I take care of that by having an EB specific acct. which is usually empty). So give him a break, just cause he erupted prematurely. I have bought from Chuck, no real problem(except no mention about the T-bird calipers possibly needing grinding to seat the banjo bolts), but I am always on the side of the consumer, VENDORs no exclusions here are here making money off us. Some call them supporters, they would not exist if we weren't here, not the other way around. If someone has a vendor buddy, God forbid anyone should say something against them. With that said research first and then speak, on the other hand this is America right! Merry Christmas, hope your are refunded quickly and hopefully a gift certificate for your inconvenience would be in order and in good taste...

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
now that admin has closed your thread about nothing you want to close this, why, you weren't affected this time

Close it, don't close it. I don't really care. Enjoy yourselves beating a dead horse. This thread could simply have been titled "Chuck charged my card for nothing, but I called him and he took care of it promptly."

SP66

Bronco Guru
Close it, don't close it. I don't really care. Enjoy yourselves beating a dead horse. This thread could simply have been titled "Chuck charged my card for nothing, but I called him and he took care of it promptly."

yeah your one to talk about beating a dead horse

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
yeah your one to talk about beating a dead horse

I'm not sure what I did to piss you off, but I'm sorry.

The thread(s) about the Bronco seller continue because he continues to sell fraud, misleading, misrepresented and dangerous broncos. He knowingly does that and is doing it now. So it is a living breathing dangerous horse that is being beaten with the goal of protecting potential buyers. There is a difference. I don't see your need for making this personal.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I called and spoke with the staff at BC Broncos today. They were nice and apologized for the mistakes. I was charged TWO times last month for a total of $1.223.00 from my debit card attached to my checking account. Tell me how you would feel after losing that kind of money from your checking account? It will be returned, but I do not have it yet. It may take from 5 to 10 days. This is an inconvenience to deal with, especially during the holiday season.
I have found Classic Broncos Forum extremely helpful during my frame off build, but I am surprised at some of the responses on this post. Under Bronco Chat is vendor experiences, none of my posts are vindictive, read them again. It’s easy to call people names while sitting at the computer. I have no doubt that if we were standing face to face you would not call me names, trust me on this one.

A couple of things, first Roxanne, on her own searched the history of both people of the same name and found where we had made the same mistake one other time, both to the same customer. She corrected that also with both customers and called TWOSTICKMEDIC who was not aware he had been charged for the first charge. She also sent 4 T-shirts out yesterday. The other thing is the time. My bank says 24-36 hrs. If I were to wire him the money he might get it 1 day earlier and I would have to charge him for parts to get my money back that he did not get which means someone would have to pay the tax and the CC fees that I am already paying again and the inventory would be off.
We have thousands of customers history/info in our system and this is the only (same first and last name) we have come across. The address is diff but that info is on a diff screen than the order. The girls get the name from the order and move it to a receipt and the computer fills in the other info. Now they also verify the address.
CLARRANCE, I don't know your name but would be happy to remove you from my system if you give the office a call and tell them who you are.

SP66

Bronco Guru
I'm not sure what I did to piss you off, but I'm sorry.

The thread(s) about the Bronco seller continue because he continues to sell fraud, misleading, misrepresented and dangerous broncos. He knowingly does that and is doing it now. So it is a living breathing dangerous horse that is being beaten with the goal of protecting potential buyers. There is a difference. I don't see your need for making this personal.

It's only personal to the extent your ready to close someone's thread because it did not affect you.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
It's only personal to the extent your ready to close someone's thread because it did not affect you.

It's personal to me because you said "your(sic) one to talk about beating a dead horse" - that's a personal jibe at my character.

I easily understand the situation the OP was in, and I would be upset too. But I would have called the vendor, ANY vendor, and tried to work it out before publicly announcing who they are and what they did. Coming on here did nothing to resolve the situation.

Conversely, you seem to be taking this personally even though it did not affect you personally.

You seem to only advocate free speech if it agrees with your views.

SP66

Bronco Guru
It's personal to me because you said "your(sic) one to talk about beating a dead horse" - that's a personal jibe.

I easily understand the situation the OP was in, and I would be upset too. But I would have called the vendor, ANY vendor, and tried to work it out before publicly announcing who they are and what they did. Coming on here did nothing to resolve the situation.

Conversely, you seem to be taking this personally even though it did not affect you personally.

You seem to only advocate free speech if it agrees with your views.

Seems like you have trouble reading cause I never asked you not to speak, but your wisdom clearly is shining through---shalom

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Wyflyer that is true but what is the point here. Guy has cash removed from his checking account and it's not even legal to keep cards on file. Now he must wait to be reimbursed and he's upset. He vents and he's the bad guy. Don't think so. Don't know Chuck and wouldn't slam him but if it were me I'd pay him the money now. Let Chuck be on the hook for his "mistake" and it was a "mistake." But that is a lot of cash. Over a grand hits a family budget hard, especially around the holidays.

Where did you get the info that it is not legal to keep the CC info? My card co. says it is up to me. I have not heard back from my bank yet. If you have info I would like it. We keep them now because customers can call in and say "use the card you have on file" but if it is not legal I can delete them all. It's not a big deal for us to take the number every time.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Where did you get the info that it is not legal to keep the CC info? My card co. says it is up to me. I have not heard back from my bank yet. If you have info I would like it. We keep them now because customers can call in and say "use the card you have on file" but if it is not legal I can delete them all. It's not a big deal for us to take the number every time.

Places that have my CC on file: Amazon, Paypal, Electric Co, Verizon, Cable / Internet Co, my snooty online Coffee Co, Water utility, Guitar Center, etc. etc. etc.

SP66

Bronco Guru

Chuck let me be clear in that I have not slammed you in anything I have written. I suggested it was a mistake. To answer your question my CC processing company provides an area for online purchases that allows the user to opt "in" to having a vendor keep their personal info on file for future orders. It is my understanding that without an agreement from the user to allow a vendor to keep the CC on file it is not allowed. I would suggest checking with your CC processor. If I'm wrong I'm sorry and I'm wrong. I encounter the same mistakes with shipping as we keep addresses on file with Fedex and UPS. Our guys typically scroll down and grab the first address with the clients name. This causes shipments to head to the wrong address at times. This too shall pass. But for a guy out that much real money, it's not just an unpaid CC charge.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA

Chuck I am not positive but I seem to remember something about it when the new CC regs rolled out a couple of years ago. I think you can keep them if a customer asks you to for convenience, but the default is supposed to be not to. Either way I know they are supposed to be encrypted to prevent theft and fraud. You may want to do a little checking around just to protect yourself. I know you had some issues with paypal and the CC industry is going the way of paypal "protect the consumer first". If somehow card numbers are stolen from your system or fraudulent orders are processed you end up on the hook for them.

Everywhere I order online nowadays has a box you have to check in order to keep your card on file which I never do. Otherwise it is purged from their system once the charge is reconciled. It may be something you need to change in your back office and require some maintenance, but it is required and will save you any future issues.

BeardedBlues

Words to the wise - use credit cards and not Debit cards for online purchases for protection. Cabelas has a nice card with rewards and with the amt of cash I have spent this past year on my Bronco I am well on my way to getting a free gun. ;D

PuenteMart

Loc.
Buckhead
Words to the wise - use credit cards and not Debit cards for online purchases for protection. Cabelas has a nice card with rewards and with the amt of cash I have spent this past year on my Bronco I am well on my way to getting a free gun. ;D

EXACTLY! Using debit cards in any situation can be risky, but especially on the internet, and CERTAINLY do not use them over the phone to make purchases. If you must use them, set up a specific bank account, separate from your main account, and keep just enough in there to cover whatever you may purchase. Use THAT card for internet purchases. That way it doesn't come out of your main account and has a limit if someone accidentally or intentionally tries to use it.

I have a separate bank account for debit card use and money is periodically transferred to it to keep it at the same $$$ level.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
EXACTLY! Using debit cards in any situation can be risky, but especially on the internet, and CERTAINLY do not use them over the phone to make purchases. If you must use them, set up a specific bank account, separate from your main account, and keep just enough in there to cover whatever you may purchase. Use THAT card for internet purchases. That way it doesn't come out of your main account and has a limit if someone accidentally or intentionally tries to use it.

I have a separate bank account for debit card use and money is periodically transferred to it to keep it at the same $$$ level.

I'm going to set up a separate account for this purpose. I don't have a personal CC because I prefer to actually have the money before I spend it. A situation like this, while unintentional, would have caused serious issues when my house payment tried to come out of the bank.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
A debit card is a DIRECT link to YOUR actual money. Why the hell would you broadcast that out over the internet??