• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR 1966 Uncut original Ford Bronco w/ restored and painted exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentomas

Original Ford Bronco, mostly all original parts.

The story is that my grandparents bought this very Bronco in 1966 in Iowa (though my mom thinks they had to go to Kansas or Missouri to pick it up) and used and loved it for 20-plus years. They had a small camper on it. It has been all over the country: to the west coast, to Alaska, to Montana, etc, and back. Well loved. But eventually my grandparents got too old to enjoy it so sold it to a neighbor. My mom was in college when they bought it, but joined them on many of their trips and had many fond memories of it, so in 2004 she found the buyer, he still had it, and she bought it back from him. At that point, it was a little worse for wear. In particular, the small camper on the back had damaged the truck bed. You can see the shape it was in when she bought it in these photos:

2004:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rf1rvx3g2mb5fey/AABb77gzEwU8Fma9tHVUpkKza?dl=0

2005:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jai4egrmq2ezwnz/AAAyjLMVJZAswp52BuLnRiZNa?dl=0

So, my mom tried to take care of it by getting the damage in the truck bed (and elsewhere) fixed up, and getting it repainted.

Here is a photo of my mom, my wife, and I after it’s paint job was done:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ht6ibhb8gy7ivhw/P1040342.jpg?dl=0

Some photos from this spring:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a9m930vrioud5pf/AADAhkq1SuKBt37hSd0tE9wva?dl=0

Here is a video of us driving it to tow it to my house:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aun41o2hsuf8c5g/IMG_1112.m4v?dl=0

But now, after 13 years, my mother is no longer getting any joy out of it, is tired of storing it, is tired of worrying about it, and is tired of trying to do the right thing for it. She originally bought it to take it on trips again, but that just hasn't worked into her lifestyle. And she isn't interested in keeping it for it's historical value or for nostalgia. So her and I are teaming up to sell it and we will split the profits. This was her idea. She will be involved in all sales but I'm in charge of it now so that she doesn't have to stress about it anymore.

So I'm doing my best to help her find a new home for her family Bronco, and get her a good price for it so she can at least make up what she has spent on it.

I considered keeping it and working on continuing to restore it myself, especially after some encouragement from some people in these forums, but after sitting with it for 8 months and watching it slowly gather dust, but dreading working on it, I’ve realized I need to find it a home with someone that would love it.

It still runs, and has had a few parts of the engine replaced with newer parts. But I know nothing about cars in general or Broncos specifically, so I can’t tell you much more than that. Here are some pictures of the engine that I took earlier this year:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/idgbv4rb4652kkm/AACvXp4yYAAeB-ZrQMFtA5jUa?dl=0

I didn’t know what to photograph so just took a few. If you need some other photos, let me know. As you can see, the engine and underside have not been restored, so it looks much better from the outside than the inside.

It is not currently in one piece. I figured it would probably be better to let the buyer put it back together than attempt to do it myself and make a mistake. The cab cover needs weather sealing and the glass put back in, none of the decals and logos are attached, the interior door & window handles and covers are not installed, the mirrors are not on, and the wind shield wipers are not installed. You can see a picture of all the parts I have:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqeyjo0rsa0wvyv/parts.jpg?dl=0

With the exception of the cab cover, if it isn’t in that photo, I don’t have it. Yes, it’s unfortunately missing one of it’s hubcaps: It went missing while it was being restored, we think maybe it was deliberately sold without our permission & knowledge. We have not been able to find a replacement.

My plan is to post it online for sale, listen to offers and let people check it out for a month or two, and then choose a buyer if I have anyone interested. I don’t know exactly what it’s worth and don’t want to make a mistake by going with the first offer I receive, so don’t plan on moving very quickly. The price I've listed is an estimate based off of prices I saw on Ebay. I’m doing my best to do this in as safe & transparent way as I can and hope it leads to a positive outcome for everyone. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

If you think it isn’t worth what I’m asking for it but are still interested, make an offer anyway, it still might be the best one I receive! (and of course if you want to offer even more money, that’ll get me to hurry a bit!)

Let me know if you’re interested in more information about it and we’ll do our best to answer all questions. We have registration and everything sorted out, so no need to worry about that, it’s all on the up and up.

I have also posted this to Craigslist in case that finds anymore people interested but I have a feeling these forums will generate much more and better interest: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/1966-ford-bronco-restored-and/6435422927.html

WVLxxMbt8i_PbtaNMmqeTE-w0-rPoMF1z-E7AYxec-w

w4shsxq2YIMEmNhTApuSP1nD-LYxJ_BG16pd0bcA720

Last edited:

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Good luck on the sale... I"m close by but can't afford that...

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Putting to the side the question of the asking price, please tell me why I'd even want to make an offer on this truck that in your listing you told me you weren't going to consider, but rather, use as a guide to judge what it's worth, and maybe down the road get back to me?

lgdpt

Putting to the side the question of the asking price, please tell me why I'd even want to make an offer on this truck that in your listing you told me you weren't going to consider, but rather, use as a guide to judge what it's worth, and maybe down the road get back to me?

Rob, pm me what you want me to offer him... then you can come in 5 min later with and extra grand. ;)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Maybe we ought to limit advertising as a post...to the classifieds only...I think I can understand how one might feel if they were involved with an offer back in April... ;(

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My plan is to post it online for sale, listen to offers and let people check it out for a month or two, and then choose a buyer if I have anyone interested.

I do not recommend this approach, an interested party is not going to wait very long, especially if you tell them you are entertaining other offers

The price I've listed is an estimate based off of prices I saw on Ebay. I’m doing my best to do this in as safe & transparent way as I can and hope it leads to a positive outcome for everyone. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

They do sell in this range on eBay, but only if they are untouched survivors with minimal rust OR if they've been restored to like new condition, including the chassis...the chassis on your Mom's 66 looks to be neglected which will significantly reduce the value.

good luck and Merry Christmas!

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
the chassis on your Mom's 66 looks to be neglected which will significantly reduce the value.

SIGNIFICANTLY.

I've always wanted a halfcab. But that's a LOT of work there needed on the undercarriage, I don't have the time or interest in that range.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Seriously????

You posted: "My plan is to post it online for sale, listen to offers and let people check it out for a month or two, and then choose a buyer if I have anyone interested. I don’t know exactly what it’s worth and don’t want to make a mistake by going with the first offer I receive, so don’t plan on moving very quickly"

Bentomas:

Put yourself in the shoes you're asking the buyer to be in... OK, put a some money down as a down payment to hold it and then have to WAIT a couple months to see who outbids you..??? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME???

Guess you know how I feel about your open ended, never ending auction!

wow..."ballsy"...

Am I reading this wrong somehow? I'll be happy to apologize if I read this wrong...

OP
OP
B

bentomas

I'm sorry that my listing seems to have turned off a bunch of people, but this is the exact advice I received last April from these very forums: "Put in on and just say 30k or best offer lower or higher." I was trying to do this in a way that was respectful and fair. And be upfront about my plans so no one would think I was doing this in a sleazy way.

I had no clue this would be upsetting, so I take it back. I will let you know immediately if I am interested in your offer, no waiting required.

I've received quite a bit of interest for this on Craigslist and have appointments to meet 3 people next week. The lowest offer I've received so far is $22,000.

That said, I have to admit, I find the response to this posting fairly rude. I was very impressed with people from the forums last April, now, not so much.

If you're only interested in getting a good deal on a Bronco, regardless of whether or not that is a good deal for the seller, then I have no interest in doing business with you. That's sleazy and greedy.

If you're interested in making an offer that you wouldn't feel comfortable paying, then you shouldn't be buying it.

If you are interested in buying a Bronco in a hurry, then that's fine, but I don't have to be in a hurry as well.

This is how homes sell or many other things sell. You make an offer, I consider that offer, and I have no obligation to accept it. The only difference here is that I am being upfront about my pace and intentions.

If you are interested in this Bronco for a specific price that you feel good about, and that price is also a good one for me, and you're willing to be patient, there is a chance you might end up with a Bronco.

But if you don't like my Bronco, or don't want to make a offer, don't comment on other people's offers suggesting the price is wrong, or comment and suggest I'm somehow trying to cheat people. It's rude and against the community guidelines for this forum.

Seriously????
Put yourself in the shoes you're asking the buyer to be in... OK, put a some money down as a down payment to hold it and then have to WAIT a couple months to see who outbids you..??? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME??

I'm not asking anyone to put anything down as a payment to hold it. Also, my understanding is that people who buy old cars are planning on owning them a long time, so what's 4-6 weeks of waiting when you are spending a lot of money on something?

OP
OP
B

bentomas

They do sell in this range on eBay, but only if they are untouched survivors with minimal rust OR if they've been restored to like new condition, including the chassis...the chassis on your Mom's 66 looks to be neglected which will significantly reduce the value.

Thank you for the advice! The listings for like new Broncos were going for considerably more than $30,000, so I was hoping that this was in the right ballpark. And from the offers I've received it sounds like it was a little high. If these offers all fall through I will take this into consideration and adjust my price.

OP
OP
B

bentomas

Looks good from outside but looks to need a good bit of work. Maybe half of the asking???

Where do you live? If you're nearby you can come take a look at it. But at this point this is lower than other offers I have received, so those would have to fall through before I considered it. I'll keep you posted.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
If you get real offers of the 22k-25k range, I would take it. Pricing is tough and some people get excited then overpay. On the other hand, I offered one to a member here for 10k less than I ended up getting for it. Many here just want a straight forward price and decide to buy or not (if they want an auction they can go to ebay). Good luck with the sale and watch out for the scammers.

Jluck

Run it through the Meacum auction in Portland late June.... Then you'll know exactly what a group will pay for it.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Put it on Bring a Trailer. It only cost you $99 to list and you can set the reserve where you are comfortable. With all the "help" you've received on the forum, should probably have a good idea of a price you are comfortable with.
Seriously, visit their website. This is the closest way for you to sell the way you described earlier.

1966tiger

If you go the BAT route keep your reserve reasonable. They've turned down 2 of my auction applications.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I heard they don't turn down applications, and you could put most anything on there site.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
1966tiger's correct - BaT won't run it if they think your reserve is too high.

Todd Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.