• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Earliest Broncos known to exist (1-30)!!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Who brought the white u13 that I keep seeing the pics of, don't think I've seen that one before.

He was the guy in Jon's video that said he had been into Broncos since he bought his first one in 1970, I believe.

Todd Z.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Wow back when My Running Buddy bought his Bronco 2002 +r-..
I'd found one in Tolar Tx .. The owner said his Dad had bought it brand new .
It also was the Seafoam Green U13 . Safari model .. His Dad was to have bought it brand new It had never had doors .. He told us that when the very 1st ones can out ..There we're no doors for the 1st few months . Not totally sure.
But that was his story.
ANYWAYS that U13 was rather nice. Not perfect but not rusted out in it floors.
That Guy wanted $2500.00 My Buddy wasn't giving that much .I told him .. I really felt he should but I too was totally new to our BRONCOS.
... I'd sure like to see that Bronco today.
& See what it's number is.
... Now he did buy a 1966 & It's the one he's still driving it today. I'll have to check his number ..

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I had one also it was supposed to have been a 65 .. Something on it said 65. But many years ago we had a post like this & I check it then .. It was not number 1 so I didn't care.
I sold it & tHAT GUY Has sold it .
iT WAS SUPPOSED TO BECOME A ROCK TOY.

elan

Loc.
s
Did the earliest of Broncos have rain channels on the windshield frame? And a cutout on both sides of the hinge that attaches to the cowl?

Regards

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not picturing what you're saying elan. Got a pic of such a thing? Yours have it?
What type of cutout on the hinge? Just at each end it makes the hinge shorter basically?

And where would the rain channel be? Upper roof overhang area, or lower hinge area?
I'm thinking of adding a rain block to cover the hinge on mine!

Paul

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I have seen several 66’s with a little rain gutter that bolts on the underside of the windshield frame on each side. 2 inches long little u shape.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Right in this area on both sides. Like a continuation of the windshield channel.

Attachments

• C56773E5-DF7F-4BEE-8DF6-68F3487C9275.jpg
    C56773E5-DF7F-4BEE-8DF6-68F3487C9275.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 64

elan

Loc.
s
Sorry boys.........seasoned citizen brain lapse

I was thinking a very early Budd?

Last edited:

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
Who brought the white u13 that I keep seeing the pics of, don't think I've seen that one before.

That would be Ed Stalnaker from Fairmont, WV. He goes by Bronco Ed. He's a great guy! We met him shortly after we bought BD back in 2013.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I have seen several 66’s with a little rain gutter that bolts on the underside of the windshield frame on each side. 2 inches long little u shape.

That is a Whitco part that was installed by dealers along with Whitco soft doors in an attempt to prevent rain water from seeping in the interior around the soft door frame.

Calibronc66

Contributor
So I own a 66 - U13FL732438 is it in the first 500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
A Buddy of mine is restoring a 66 Bronco for a family in Alamo, TN. We were talking yesterday at a car show and he said this family has owned it since new. He also said they told him that Ford told them it was one of the first 5 built. I am trying to get him to send me some pics and a picture of the VIN. You know how most of these end up, but I'll post up if I get some good info on it.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
A Buddy of mine is restoring a 66 Bronco for a family in Alamo, TN. We were talking yesterday at a car show and he said this family has owned it since new. He also said they told him that Ford told them it was one of the first 5 built. I am trying to get him to send me some pics and a picture of the VIN. You know how most of these end up, but I'll post up if I get some good info on it.

Stick with it like a coon dawg;D

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Invite them to the site, I'll even pay for the joining fee!! But if they want to be a contributor, they'll have to foot that bill!!! ��