• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAJA Adventure -- 1 slot has opened up!

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
OK folks – we’ve had a cancellation due to health reasons, so we have a spot opened up for our Baja Adventure. You can read about what we are doing on this thread;

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278722

Here are the specifics;

We will meet in Yuma on May 4th, where we have a secure place to store trucks/trailers. We will cross the border at San Luis on May 5th. We have rooms reserved at the following places (double occupancy). 10 Nights.

Where

1EnsenadaHorsepower Ranch

2Punta de CarlosSolo Sports

3Bahia de Los AngelesLos Vientos

4San IgnacioDesert Inn

5LoretoVia del Palomar

6LoretoVia del Palomar

7La PazCosta Baja

8LoretoVia del Palomar

9Guerrero NegroHotel Cowboy

10San FelipePlaya del Parisio

We plan to be off-highway about 75% of the trip South, and about 30% on the trip back North. We will hit many of the remaining Missions, as well as plenty of other really cool spots in Baja. Much of the run will be along either the Pacific Ocean or the Sea of Cortez.

The rooms have been pre-paid and are approximately $1,850 PER BRONCO (2 people). This has been paid by the person cancelling, and it is up to them how much they are willing to transfer that for.

Additional cost will be a “shared” expense of approximately $500 PER BRONCO for our Chase Truck (Trailer, Drivers, Fuel, Insurance, Lodging). There isn’t any sort of fee being paid to me – I’m just a coordinator. Additional cost will be Mexican Insurance (about $250), your fuel, your food and whatever else you want to spend your pesos on.

If you are seriously interested, let me know ASAP! You will need a RELIABLE Bronco. We aren't "racing" thru Baja, and my intention is to travel trails suitable for a stock Bronco (with 4x4 working, of course). But the Bronco needs to be well prepared for a 2,200 mile trip down the Baja Peninsula and back.

If you are serious, I will put you in touch with the person who has to cancel and you can negotiate with them on reimbursement of their prepaid hotels. We have a group teleconference this Sunday at 5:00 pm Denver time if you can join. We’ve got a great group and only want people to join who want to have fun, experience a great adventure and meet new friends. If you decide this is for you, I think you’ll find we’ve got a very detailed plan and haven’t left a lot to chance – but it’s Baja – you have to able to deal with ambiguity.

Hit me up on email ASAP if this Adventure is for you. Scott

scott@barnes5.com

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Somebody Better jump on this. To the top

Rare opportunity

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO

Rare opportunity

I think the chance of seeing this many EB’s making a trip like this again is pretty slim. I agree - it’s a rare opportunity to be part of something that I feel will be very special.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor

Rare opportunity
I would go if,
1. I had a running Bronco
2. Could take off the time from work
3. I had a running Bronco
4. I could get out of parenting teenagers
5. I had a trail worthy Bronco

Bump this back to top.
9e837f417e382185900ff1888a021005.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Is there any chance this trip will happen again next year. You can count me in next year, just too short of notice to make it happen this year.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
clarrence - Im in(for next year) but I need to know ASAP on dates and costs so I can plan. Hopefully a veteran from this year will participate to make it an easier trip logistically

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Is there any chance this trip will happen again next year. You can count me in next year, just too short of notice to make it happen this year.

2X !!!!!!!!!!!! ... SHORT NOTICE AND OTHER COMMITMNETS ! %)

wife and I where taking abaut just showing up unannounced w. bronco this year and hanging in the back of the EB convoy ....ok maybe run ahead and take video all driving by !!

but its so fare way ... I would need 2 weeks off ! yet just thinking of doing it sounds so epic !!

do it again next year and I send you the funds now !

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO

I would say there is a good chance it will happen again, but I'll be able to answer that question better at the end of May! ;D

Life is short! Trips like this don’t come up very often.
You're exactly right. I've been to Baja racing quite a few times, but I've never been as excited as I am for this trip. Just being part of a group of 50 yr+ old Broncos doing this is really pretty amazing. Broncos and Baja just go together!

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
2X !!!!!!!!!!!! ... SHORT NOTICE AND OTHER COMMITMNETS ! %)

wife and I where taking abaut just showing up unannounced w. bronco this year and hanging in the back of the EB convoy ....ok maybe run ahead and take video all driving by !!

but its so fare way ... I would need 2 weeks off ! yet just thinking of doing it sounds so epic !!

do it again next year and I send you the funds now !

That sounds like 3 "I'm IN's" if we do it again next year! ;D

Give my best to the person cancelling I hope he and / or she gets better and can make it next time.
Thanks much -- that's nice.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THIS TRIP sounds like nothing short of amazing.....just soooo cool! good luck!

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
YES, in!!!^^^^ ALSO let the cancelling party know we are pulling for them to get well
Jump on this year's trip -- I'm going to have to start trying to cancel rooms to get some of their money back next week, and I HATE to do that when I know there is someone out there really needs to make the trip with us!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Jump on this year's trip -- I'm going to have to start trying to cancel rooms to get some of their money back next week, and I HATE to do that when I know there is someone out there really needs to make the trip with us!

Yeah, that's gonna be a big PITA..