• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Posts in the rear of hard top?

Bronco Maniac

As far as messing up your paint: Your top can be set on the Bronco without the corner post installed. Then remover your taillight lenses and buckets. The corner post can then be fished up into place and bolted up.

About to install my hardtop. I have taken one off but never installed one. How easy is it to fish the brackets up and get them bolted up?

I have fished the backing plates for tire carrier and bolted up. It was not fun.

What other precautions should one consider when installing the top to protect paint?

Any other info and suggestions would be appreciated.

Hotrodjohn

Take the taillights out, remove all bolts on the stakes and the stake should drop down, then with a little manipulation it comes out of the taillight hole. Its pretty easy. Just slide it back up to reinstall. I put one bolt on top side loosely just to hold the stake up while starting the other bolts.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Putting the stakes back on with the hardtop is a certifiable PITA if you ask me and did mess up my paint and rear taillight corner sheetmetal a bit one time! Installing them through the taillight sounds promising because installing the top with them in place with no lift for assistance is asking for big trouble!