• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who all has rolled or laid their bronco over

sriha

Dang tree root got the best of use but luckily there was another tree to catch our fall. Sure got smoky since the FiTech kept it running.

Attachments

• IMG_3322.JPG
    IMG_3322.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3330.JPG
    IMG_3330.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3326.JPG
    IMG_3326.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 124

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Three times for me.....

First one was during SOB IX.....laid it on it's side going up a hill. No pics.

Second one was during Team Trophy Challenge in the Tillamook State Forest. Was moving too fast down a trail and my drivers front tire drove up a stump....happened pretty fast.

Third one was during our Annual Memorial Day wheeling trip to Liberty. Let my 13 year old drive....this was about 2 weeks after I had it painted....My youngest in the back thought it was fun. My 13 yr old was more worried about the shattered $5.99 side mirror I bought at Walmart....

Broncobowsher

Total hack
On the lid around mile 11 2015 Norra Mex 1k . About 8 or 9 Broncos in the class that year. last place and hours behind 11 miles in, on the podium 3rd place a the end.

I thought Todd was driving when it went over?

About 25 years ago I was hanging out at a friends place and his brother had just rolled a Cimarron earlier that day. We got to talking about how everyone in the room had rolled a car. I rolled a Ranger, Dave rolled a car in his driveway, his brother had just rolled the Caddy, his father had rolled something a long time ago. Except Mike. Mike has not rolled a car yet. We offered a shot in the caddy. It was totaled but still ran. He declined. Mike still has not rolled a car.

knack

Contributor
Trail ride in northern WI, a friend had just bought a new 1977. (this was a long time ago) White. Nice truck. After a bunch of challenging river crossings where one CJ5 rolled, we were back out at the road and feeling pretty good about getting through.
But, too many beers. New Bronco doing donuts in a grassy meadow. Ended up rolling all the way over. Back on it's wheels. No longer looking quite so new.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Trail ride in northern WI, a friend had just bought a new 1977. (this was a long time ago) White. Nice truck. After a bunch of challenging river crossings where one CJ5 rolled, we were back out at the road and feeling pretty good about getting through.
But, too many beers. New Bronco doing donuts in a grassy meadow. Ended up rolling all the way over. Back on it's wheels. No longer looking quite so new.

Sounds like how a lot of UTVs are laid over these days as well. Sudden traction, or catching a rut, does bad things when going sideways.

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not very proud of this but I put mine on its right/front pretty hard last summer. Drag racing at Silver Lake Sand Dunes and for some stupid reason I ran with the side-by-sides, buggies and cycles. Pulled a side-by-side and got into a rut which put me sideways. My left rear climbed over his right front tire and this put me on two wheels sideways across the drag strip. I don't know how I didn't hit someone else.

Rode on right side two wheels until my right front popped a bead and I went hard on the right front. This pivoted me 90° in the air and I came down hard enough on all fours that I watched my sunglasses hit the sand right outside my door and a Bronco emblem broke off the left side and went into the sand. I broke a rib front and back. Zip-tie on the rear shock says I used all but .25" of rear travel. Bump-stops must be just about right. Fortunately there were great people to help me. Never going to smirk at a jeep guy with a hi-lift jack as a great jeep guy had one. And he also had good on-board air. Got a winter project now...

zaxT_gt_nxth8_GcALJwvV_EA6bjrDIc_1qJATxGcq4Nnq7TZ-DvAF3JLCo0ApEiYU-ar_r0BIe-Nl0XpDXDxvpyCsSIJ5mzX6oKk60VUwKKuWwycPf-6WcxAQIPpm8pmF2UF2qa7bvq_plcVJRhxdjP3CCO2QqVGAgUFRDTEc_Y026C10GBGBdAZ-QCEaKdnf1fxhznZrGHGMcK3RxDHn-hAVjPmp4V2SSGommqVB6o9397F0v8JJgJ00Or3RlrCoDKoAwWucDBc0i1Ut-rx6clZEkpPVEfVhmQtudypoAnKXt2iUoQJ4x6mpImOHx2JgjkRLvoO7zpmAKudMVXwgEmFZfVPl2NyvqaI4Bz4T4CJMRM3a6tYnu3kGqNHg8CQIYtP8VWnmcJ21nr6LOtjCN6JTbYcWpVsNkSVMM-roerjJfRsjq3XwJeouEQji1jyi8A_z2n8WmGLl_wREuYMi0xdPScdkE2n48nha--rwqo1kjUTK9od2rTTCCERln5-0PqeygGHK4toIXMfkx5VYOjIpiCLlSiRquijDudo3F9iMO8Zf212lqHbuiJTwAGtvYP6nmDEbZ78aEGLMS9ciMwebnaCSeG2XqZVMkHmZ0cvrjj1IX8igbYP9ZVkBWY-4-_zqUtbEniI3Re2m3hr08UNJ2fNXa9FiMApXV0WZkLmwZtlzn8jTpr=w1279-h960-no

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Not very proud of this but I put mine on its right/front pretty hard last summer. Drag racing at Silver Lake Sand Dunes and for some stupid reason I ran with the side-by-sides, buggies and cycles. Pulled a side-by-side and got into a rut which put me sideways. My left rear climbed over his right front tire and this put me on two wheels sideways across the drag strip. I don't know how I didn't hit someone else.

Rode on right side two wheels until my right front popped a bead and I went hard on the right front. This pivoted me 90° in the air and I came down hard enough on all fours that I watched my sunglasses hit the sand right outside my door and a Bronco emblem broke off the left side and went into the sand. I broke a rib front and back. Zip-tie on the rear shock says I used all but .25" of rear travel. Bump-stops must be just about right. Fortunately there were great people to help me. Never going to smirk at a jeep guy with a hi-lift jack as a great jeep guy had one. And he also had good on-board air. Got a winter project now...

zaxT_gt_nxth8_GcALJwvV_EA6bjrDIc_1qJATxGcq4Nnq7TZ-DvAF3JLCo0ApEiYU-ar_r0BIe-Nl0XpDXDxvpyCsSIJ5mzX6oKk60VUwKKuWwycPf-6WcxAQIPpm8pmF2UF2qa7bvq_plcVJRhxdjP3CCO2QqVGAgUFRDTEc_Y026C10GBGBdAZ-QCEaKdnf1fxhznZrGHGMcK3RxDHn-hAVjPmp4V2SSGommqVB6o9397F0v8JJgJ00Or3RlrCoDKoAwWucDBc0i1Ut-rx6clZEkpPVEfVhmQtudypoAnKXt2iUoQJ4x6mpImOHx2JgjkRLvoO7zpmAKudMVXwgEmFZfVPl2NyvqaI4Bz4T4CJMRM3a6tYnu3kGqNHg8CQIYtP8VWnmcJ21nr6LOtjCN6JTbYcWpVsNkSVMM-roerjJfRsjq3XwJeouEQji1jyi8A_z2n8WmGLl_wREuYMi0xdPScdkE2n48nha--rwqo1kjUTK9od2rTTCCERln5-0PqeygGHK4toIXMfkx5VYOjIpiCLlSiRquijDudo3F9iMO8Zf212lqHbuiJTwAGtvYP6nmDEbZ78aEGLMS9ciMwebnaCSeG2XqZVMkHmZ0cvrjj1IX8igbYP9ZVkBWY-4-_zqUtbEniI3Re2m3hr08UNJ2fNXa9FiMApXV0WZkLmwZtlzn8jTpr=w1279-h960-no

So you were able to drive it once the tire had air? That's impressive

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Not yet, Knock on wood, hope to not have that happen lol

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
roll over

This was a bad one. I was driving my old K BAR S bronco going 60 mph on a country road when someone pulled out in front of me. Truck rolled over 6 times. Witness said it went 15 feet in the air. Then it caught fire. Only reason I am alive is I neglected to have a seat belt on and was ejected. Mark in San Diego. Beach City Broncos

Attachments

• k bar s 3 001.jpg
    k bar s 3 001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 82
  • k bar s crash 2 001.jpg
    k bar s crash 2 001.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 80
  • k bar s crash 001.jpg
    k bar s crash 001.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 79

Deano

Bronco Guru
I’ve had my bronco on it’s sides a few times flipped it on it’s lid backwards when a creek bank gave way one day it’s even drove itself in the creek beside my driveway once when it jumped out of gear but you would never know it’s ever been off road by looking at it now I’ve owned it since 1985 and it went everywhere I ever wanted to go and then some places I wish I hadn’t it’s been the best part of my life

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So you were able to drive it once the tire had air? That's impressive
I tried to start it but it wouldn't fire. The guy on the left pulled me off the dunes and to the campground. About five miles I'd guess. He wouldn't take any money--and I tried hard. Even gave the money to his kids inside the jeep and told them to give it to their dad when outside the campground. His wife came back and told me they belong to an off-road community and believe in paying it forward. He said he's had his on his side/lid three times.

They guy on the right has an EB with a 460 in it and is on the dunes a lot. He built his rig some time ago and it's impressive. Pretty purpose-built for the sand.

And about a minute after the tire bead was seated a HUGE storm came through. I mean huge. My luck...

Started looking at parts I need to fix it tonight.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Man, that sucks Craig. Could have ended alot worse, but still tough to take.
Knowing how much you can accomplish over a winter, I know it will be back better than ever.