• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

S.C. Upstate Bronco Club

Mike D

Contributor
Lots of interest in South Carolina upstate to start a bronco club.Get together to go on weekend rides,swap ideas and parts, local car shows, friendship and meet together at super celebration. Working on making a website. My phone number is 864-933-4140. Mike Davenport

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm in! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I’m in even though my ride is in a thousand pieces. Matt

Uncut1970

I'm in-

In Greenville but will travel for cold beer with new friends

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
What happened to Carolina Broncos?

I hate to say that their website is dead. I used to be a paying member but I feel a lot of efforts went towards their Facebook page. I was part of their FB page which was really nice, but after the Trump/ Clinton elections I dropped FB. Lots of good guys in that club, hated to see it disappear in the World Wide Web. I sorta miss Chuzie giving BlazinChuck hell! Maybe they will chime in.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I hate to say that their website is dead. I used to be a paying member but I feel a lot of efforts went towards their Facebook page. I was part of their FB page which was really nice, but after the Trump/ Clinton elections I dropped FB. Lots of good guys in that club, hated to see it disappear in the World Wide Web. I sorta miss Chuzie giving BlazinChuck hell! Maybe they will chime in.

Too bad it's no longer active. Great group of folks. I remember wheeling with them at some MEB events and at Uwharrie. Good luck on getting a SC club going.

Timstrk

We just got home from Windrock. The ride has been up since last Dec. Only four showed up and two of them from FL.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
We just got home from Windrock. The ride has been up since last Dec. Only four showed up and two of them from FL.

Y'all should start a thread w/pics of the weekend. I TRIED to make that one, but timing was off :( Chuzie had me on the invite list. (Nice of Him)

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
Starting a club is the easy part. Keeping it together is the hard part.

To start off it needs to be determined what it's going to be about. Simply having it being about in this case Broncos isn't going to work. Is it going to be about building trail capable Broncos and wheeling them? Is it going to be about getting together and drinking coffee at Dunkin donuts? Is it going to be about benefit rides? Getting together to drink beer and eat wings after work every couple of weeks?

My local wheeling group that's been around for nearly 20 years just went through some personality conflicts between those who build and wheel, and those who don't. In addition things became about power control and other stupid horseshit.

Personally it's my belief that Facebook is not helpful in many cases. The format of it doesn't lend itself well to catagories, subjects, event planning and so forth. Formats such as this site work very well. Also in order to find out about a club and participate in it one has to join Facebook. I don't have a facebook account and a few members in my local wheeling group do not as well.

My advice is figure out what you want the club to be about and find like mounted individuals other wise somebody is going to sprinkle some shit in your salad.

Good luck with your quest!!!

fosgate150

Just letting everyone know of a small local car show in Greenwood, SC. The Veterans Memorial show. It will be June 2 at 9:30 at uptown Greenwood, SC. Entry fee is $20 but general admission is free. I will be attending and possibly 2 or 3 other Broncos.

For the location you can use address: 330 Main St. Greenwood, SC 29646

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
the group is active, i cant speak for everyone-but myself. Ive carried the group for over 10 years. I put the meet and greets together and almost every NovRun(which is just around the corner-Nov 2,3,4) however I cant make people come to the website or the facebook page. " you" have to want to be a part of something. With social media taking off, we felt it was time to open that segment. some people disagreed and walked away. I cant make people start a thread, or reply to one. I see sc bronco clubs, upper sc bronco clubs, nc bronco clubs....the venue is right there( www.cb4x4.com) 800 members there, speak up! meet some people! then plan to meet up. I dont see Jon having to hand feed this site-its super large and self sustained- and thats great, but small sites like ours cant live without the input, chatter, and interest.

I took a new position at work, and it takes a lot of my time. the spare time i do have-i build broncos for people. same could be said for Chuzie, Matt, and many others that used to put so much time into the group. Life happens...to all of us.

we are an active wheeling group(of coarse now...I dont have a 4x4 bronco!!) so I only co-pilot. I gave some admins the opportunity to pick up the ball and run with it...and looks like no one has.

i still get asked about the meet and greet. That was a great little event, a lot of work went into that. However, it turned from being what it was meant to be(meeting fellow bronco owners ) to "i just want to win free stuff"

and when we tried to combine the meet/greet on saturday with fun day of wheeling at URE...people turned the nose up. The last meet/greet was at URE jamboree. No one actually had to "wheel" but just come out and meet folks like we did for so many years before

sorry for rambling on! Im at work and need to get back to it. but....yes there is a group for anyone in the LOWER SOUTH EAST, called CAROLINA BRONCOS 4X4 CLUB. i believe this is our 14th year, yall take care, Chuck