• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA 1974 original bronco(reduced 37500)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulu

Loc.
Marietta, GA

Attachments

• orange bronco 2.jpg
    orange bronco 2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 776
  • orange bronco 6.jpg
    orange bronco 6.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 623
  • orange bronco 7.jpg
    orange bronco 7.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 575
  • orange bronco 1.jpg
    orange bronco 1.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 600
  • orange bronco 3.jpg
    orange bronco 3.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 609
  • orange bronco 4.jpg
    orange bronco 4.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
May I ask what you mean by 'matching numbers 351 Windsor'??? I didn't think Ford did the matching numbers like Chevy did.

NICE RIDE!!!!!

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
My ears perked up when I saw the listing, but lots of confusion here.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
May I ask what you mean by 'matching numbers 351 Windsor'??? I didn't think Ford did the matching numbers like Chevy did.

NICE RIDE!!!!!

Yes it is a nice Bronco,but I have to agree with Pops on this one, never heard of Ford doing the matching numbers thing as far as options go,and I've owned,driven,and messed with Ford products for the last 50 years. But saying that ,when he says numbers match , he could talking about the vin number on the title,frame,and glovebox tag.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Matching numbers don't exist with Fords and a 351 never came factory in a Bronco.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree Ford never installed a 351 in the EB but something is up with that Bureau of Auto ID tag, maybe the owner in 78 had the dealer install the 351 and the dealer just added that tag, I cant really tell from the picks if that is a 351 still in it

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
To those who have installed a 351, with the setup in that Bronco would a body lift and/or a hood mod be necessary, if so I don't think its a 351 because there doesn't appear to be a body lift and the hood has not been modified

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I have a 351 Windsor in mine....no body lift or modified hood. I do have a 2" tall air cleaner (I think, or 2 1/2" max??) with a low profile base......VERY tight tolerances when hood is shut.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I have one with no body lift, stock hood and a 351w. Its tight!

I can tell it does have one.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
The Bureau of Automotive Repair is a government agency in California. If a engine is replaced you take it to the BAR. They inspect it for emissions equipment. If it passes, they apply the tag which has the VIN number of the vehicle on it. That indicates that the engine is compliant and the vehicle has been inspected.... The next time it goes in for an emissions inspection, they notice that the engine is not original, they look for the BAR tag, they make sure the VIN on the BAR tag matches the vehicle VIN, and life is good.... It’s always possible that someone could have stamped the VIN onto the block of the 351...

1966tiger

From the argument of Ford vs Chevy on #'s matching. In 1967 there was a gov't mandate that VIN #'s were to be stamped on the engine (wasn't specific as to the block or other engine parts. I had a 70 Shelby GT-500 conv. and the VIN was stamped on the passenger side head). So, in 67 all engines got a VIN stamp. I'm not sure if the mandate got changed, but the 302 in my 74 my VIN is stamped on the block behind the starter.

Another interesting tidbit 63-66 Ford / Mercury products with the 289 Hi-po motor option will have a VIN stamped block. Not sure why just stamped the Hi-po motors, but when discussing a Fairlane, Comet, Mustang or Shelby #'s matching (i.e. VIN# stamped blocks) motors are very important.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
From what I've read Hipo motors were stamped because of shorter warranty.

OP
OP
L

lulu

Loc.
Marietta, GA
The engine is stamped. It matches the door, the body and the glove box. I will try to take a good picture of the vin plate and the engine tonight.

OP
OP
L

lulu

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Yes, this bronco does have some upgrades and the fenders are cut but it’s original paint, Original interior and I. Great shape. Somebody loved this bronco for a long time before I bought it. I should have been more specific. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.