• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 SC Bronco Build

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Alright don't want to get archived ;)

Thx for passing it on to me. All I have done is put the hardtop in storage, got a Ford roof rack (not sure it's for an EB), and a Ramsey front bumper. Turkey season just ended last week so I may start working on my bronco again before I leave on another deployment west of Hawai. I'm having the frame regalvanized with all the repairs and other add-ons. I will be back by Black Friday to throw some of my Per Diem their way! I'm ready to put wheels on the ground!

Here are the kids, basically what has been taking up with all my time. As usual life gets in the way of Broncos! Broncos may love checks, cash and credit cards but they sure are jealous of kids!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Here is the picture of the roof rack given to me. Like I said I don't know if it's for an EB like the fella "said" it came off of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
The frame and front Ramsey winch bumper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 186
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
A little update on my extremely slow build. I pulled out the frame today, getting it ready to go back to galvanizer come Monday along with some tractor implements. The progress will be shortened as I'm about to embark on another trip across the pond. Need some bronco money!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
A small update, I got back two weeks ago from a deployment to Osan AB in South Korea. What a beautiful country! Toured the DMZ and visited other areas of the country. Just like Poland the people are nice and work very hard. There were some tense times with the Crazy guy up north with the underground nuke testing and missile testing but other than that it was a nice trip. I will say Soju is a very bad drink! For those who have been there now what I am talking about! I already miss BiBimBap and Spicy chicken bolgogi! But it's great to be back home with the family.

Back to bronco related stuff, I'd like to thank a few guys for for holding me parts while I was away. MikeD, wepuckett and Cory thx a bunch guys! The past two weeks I've put lots of miles on my little ranger. I picked up another hood, windshield frame, heater box, dash, two gauge clusters and other small parts. Searching for a radiator core support at the moment as I've mentioned in a new post I did yesterday. Seats are one of two last big ticket items left, wiring harness being the last expensive item.

I got my frame regalvanized again a week before I left in early July. Came back in so much better shape than before. Time to get it back in the rotisserie and sand smooth. Will be ordering the KBS system that works specifically for galvanized metal. After that it's a simple chassis black semi gloss paint. Will post pics in a bit after putting back on rotisserie.

Attachments

• IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome home!

Let's see some progress pics as you get it going back together.

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Glad you are back home safe! Good to see that you are back to working on your ole rig. BUT, hunting season is on and you need to be out in the woods laying a big one on the ground.

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Glad you are back home safe! Good to see that you are back to working on your ole rig. BUT, hunting season is on and you need to be out in the woods laying a big one on the ground.

Funny you should say that, I just got my hunting license during lunch today. I bought a Stoeger .410 O/U for my dad to give to my son later on in life! I bought myself the 20 gauge version of that same gun. We are getn ready for a dove hunt on the 19th.

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
It took me three years and having my 77 frame galvanized twice, but finally got it powdercoated! I know I said I was going to use the KBS system as suggested by one of our favorite NC vendor but time was against me. So after snubbing powder coating the frame from the get-go, a few of our local powder coaters convinced me it would be well worth the cost.

I went the extra mile with powdercoating over galvanized metal. That extra step was a "gassing-out" process which all they did was pre-bake the frame at 400 for an hour, then let stand to cool. Once at room temp they start their normal procedures of coating the galvanized piece. I dropped the frame off on Monday afternoon and it was ready on Wednesday! They initially told me a week but a two day turnaround works for me. The frame came out great and I was able to preserve the frames VIN stamps.

Attachments

• IMG_1964.jpg
    IMG_1964.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Another shot!

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
And a good huge shout out to this guy! thx Brian for the cage tie-in kit!

Attachments

• IMG_1963.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 105

Casey835

Hey I'm missing the part about that cage tie in, how did you get that? Were there specific lay out dimensions for the placement of the brackets on the frame?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Hey I'm missing the part about that cage tie in, how did you get that? Were there specific lay out dimensions for the placement of the brackets on the frame?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A whole lot of measuring on early Broncos that actually run, including yours!

Painting the rear springs today. Not much more since Clemson is about to play!

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
A lil update, got the rear springs rebuilt. Used some good primer and paint. After all they are just springs.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Got my axles out of storage. Started tearing down the rear axle. Lots of junk inside, water, oil, etc. got the hog head off and is sitting in pan full of degreaser. It had painted on mud so that took a while to brush off.

Attachments

• IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 77