• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official Herd of Broncos in Baja Thread

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Im headed southbound in 1 1/2 days. To tag along in my chase truck for a couple of days. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Group pic to follow from H.P. Ranch!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

We are headed out in about an hour. I’ve checked in with the herd, and our folks driving theirs from MN are in Scottsdale, the folks driving theirs from OR are in Vegas, one being trailered from CO is headed to Mesa AZ. Drew’s Truck leaves Moab today. We will be in Las Cruces tonight. Had one coming from TX that had an Wiring harness meltdown last night and called me just before midnight. He’s now going to be driving my truck on the adventure. I was going to go get my Jeep for him, but too much snow on the way to Breck right now as a storm is rolling thru. We’ll just roll with things as they come. That’s why it’s called an adventure! 🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
It's going to be an awesome trip! I wish I was going with you - like everyone else on this forum! LOL!

jbbronc

Wow! I can’t believe the day has come at the airport in CT waiting for my flight to Phoenix. Meeting up with Mike and his dad from Colorado in the morning for the ride up to Yuma . Big thanks to Scott for putting this together. I can’t even imagine how much time and effort it was. Also big thanks to Drew for hauling my Bronco half way across the country . Last big thanks to my co driver Joe who did all the paper work we needed while I prepped the Bronco for the last four months. Looking forward to seeing the herd of Broncos and meeeting every one. See you all in Yuma!!!!!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like there might be more than one vehicle from the crew in the Phoenix area tonight. I plan to have dinner with Dave and Sandi before they head out in the morning. The drive to Yuma isn't terribly exciting in a Bronco but should be a good shakedown for everyone.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Sounds like there might be more than one vehicle from the crew in the Phoenix area tonight. I plan to have dinner with Dave and Sandi before they head out in the morning. The drive to Yuma isn't terribly exciting in a Bronco but should be a good shakedown for everyone.

Todd Z.

Yep -- the Hallstrom's are in town -- they went by to visit Randy and Tiffany at Driven today. Wish you could have met them -- super great folks! Drove theirs all the way from MN! Thanks for hosting Dave and Sandy! It's gettin' real! We just rolled into Las Cruces!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Had a nice dinner and visit with Dave and Sandi Loewen from Oregon tonight. They are spending the night in Phoenix tonight and then on to Yuma tomorrow morning.

They also visited with Randy and Tiffany at Driven today and go their driveshafts greased and their rear brakes checked and adjusted.

They were able to park their '73 Baja front and center at the restaurant tonight.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• Loewens.jpg
    Loewens.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 133

CA Monkey

Loc.
Tracy
No weapons in Baja!!! That would be a big issue right there! I've never had a problem, and we don't expect any -- especially traveling in a herd. Way safer there an Chicago! LOL

When I drove down to Cabo last year we went through a dozen or so military checkpoints. They didn't care what you had on you as long as it wasn't any firearms. If you had a fire arm on you... no bueno

If you do have one.... they really want to make sure it's not easily accessible so they check under the seat, glove box, center consoles.... Make sure it's locked in a case like it should be.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Had a nice dinner and visit with Dave and Sandi Loewen from Oregon tonight. They are spending the night in Phoenix tonight and then on to Yuma tomorrow morning.

They also visited with Randy and Tiffany at Driven today and go their driveshafts greased and their rear brakes checked and adjusted.

They were able to park their '73 Baja front and center at the restaurant tonight.

Todd Z.

He came to OCBR a couple of years ago, neat guy and great Stroppe!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
When I drove down to Cabo last year we went through a dozen or so military checkpoints. They didn't care what you had on you as long as it wasn't any firearms. If you had a fire arm on you... no bueno

If you do have one.... they really want to make sure it's not easily accessible so they check under the seat, glove box, center consoles.... Make sure it's locked in a case like it should be.

Absolutely no firearms of any kind, ammo or even shell casings allowed int Mexico unless you get special permits.

If you are caught with even a shell casing you wil probablyl be at least detained for several hours at the very least! This happened to a friend of mine several years ago. His kids collected some. 22 shells while camping in the So CA deserts and put them in the camper. He was coming down alone to meet us and thought he got them all but the border inspector found ONE .22 shell in a drawer. He was detained for 5 hours and they threatened to put him in jail until he got a lawyer and they sorted it out.

Do yourself a favor. While you are their guest, play by their rules and allow yourself to enjoy the good that Baja has to offer.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Absolutely no firearms of any kind, ammo or even shell casings allowed int Mexico uhhjnless you get special permits.

If you are caught with even a shell casing you wil probablyl be at least detained for several hours at the very least! This happened to a friend of mine several years ago. His kids collected some. 22 shells while camping in the So CA deserts and put them in the camper. He was coming down alone to meet us and thought he got them all but the border inspector found ONE .22 shell in a drawer. He was detained for 5 hours and they threatened to put him in jail until he got a lawyer and they sorted it out.

Do yourself a favor. While you are their guest, play by their rules and allow yourself to enjoy the good that Baja has to offer.

This is very, very sage advice from a Baja guru. Read and heed!

Todd Z.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yep -- the Hallstrom's are in town -- they went by to visit Randy and Tiffany at Driven today. Wish you could have met them -- super great folks! Drove theirs all the way from MN! Thanks for hosting Dave and Sandy! It's gettin' real! We just rolled into Las Cruces!

Outstanding... I can feel the excitement

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great folks, met them at OCBR as well...

Todd Z.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Yea! Jeff and I are battling Phoenix traffic in 100 degree temps.
1d971061fd9581f0ab3d4e40f719f95e.jpg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ugghhh....at least it looks like you're on the 10 westbound out of town. Gonna be a warm cruise to Yuma. I drove my truck to work today for some hot weather testing.

Todd Z.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
We're here. That last hour driving into the sun when it's 98 degrees was a killer. Jeff's Bronco did very well with the heat. No problem cruising at 75 mph.