• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JaxLax builds a Family LUBR

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I'm going to use this as the place holder for all future threads. I'll update each individual thread/build section here and leave one at the end with a timestamp.

Well, Hurricane Irma couldn't stop me and I ended up buying another 77 from a member here [it's up to him to speak up] who was more than accommodating to me due to constantly changing circumstances.

Loaded her up from ATL and ran across the state to SC between Hilton Head and Savannah. White knuckled for a few hours in wind and rain trailering her, but we got all the way there and made it to it's new home last night.

But back to the real future:
I'm going to be building a family friendly LUBR. Really excited for this one in particular as it already has A/C installed (doesn't work), but parts and such are there. For now it's going to become a daily driver so I can get a real good shake down on her and figure out where I truly want to go.

There's a few pin holes in the front floors, but otherwise nothing that will need replacing.

First things on the list:
Flush fluids and bleed brakes, rewire ignition, turn exhaust to side exits, shocks for the hood and hatch, add missing lenses, some new window cranks, and get the radio working.

Then it's gonna be a year or so of collecting parts, refining my plan, and just enjoying driving and working on her before pulling it apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,065

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like one that floated around New Boston, TX for a few months last year....

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Glad to hear it, now you don't need to troll the classifieds anymore, but, you know, you still can, if you want...just sayin ;D

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can use a rust encapsulation paint of your choice and treat those floor boards. If you use some type of tape on the bottom the paint will seal the pin holes.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I have some used small parts you may be looking for. I saw it in the Want Ads you posted earlier. If I have them they are yours no charge other than shipping. I gotta get out in my stash, PM me ur text number and I'll see if i can accommodate you. Good luck in your 77 build!
Matt

boonz28

Contributor
Congrats Jax, I know you've been looking for a while so it must be nice to finally be moving forward. Looks like a nice right to start with too!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Matt, Woohoo....I'm excited for You! Congrat's and I look forward to seeing what you do with beauty.
Tyler

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looking forward to seeing this grow! How big is the family?