• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Window track tape/adhesive

kool

Hey guys, My driver window popped off the track. What type of tape or adhesive do you use to reinstall the window inside the track?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interested in hearing answers for this as well.
Have messed with a few, and used from gorrilla snot (window adhesive) to silicone (letting it cure for at least 24 hours before cranking the window!) and while they've worked, never been perfectly happy with it.

I would like to see some super-duper double sided sticky tape that would be easy to apply, but not sure how "easy" that would be since you're trying to swipe the glass past it. Maybe leave the covering on the tape until the window is in position?
Still not sure. Something goopy seems the most expedient.

Looking forward to hearing reviews.

Good luck with yours.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
TPO? The roofing stuff? Thermoplastic Olefin or something like that?
What do you do, get a sheet of it and cut strips? Then heat it up?
Does it have to be heated to get sticky?

Thanks

Paul

JimE

Can get it at any auto parts store. It's 3M TPO Plastic Parts Repair, its a two-part urethane used to repair thermoplastics, but it works on just about anything. I's not a sheet, it's an epoxy in a tube. Clean the part up and glue it in. We used it at the body shop to repair windows that come loose from the track. Used it many times and never had a problem. Once hard it's there.

TPO? The roofing stuff? Thermoplastic Olefin or something like that?
What do you do, get a sheet of it and cut strips? Then heat it up?
Does it have to be heated to get sticky?

Thanks

Paul