• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Meet Buttercup; a '66 Roadster

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Dang, looks like you ran out of tape and masking paper there jimmy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is primer on the frame and axle. Hard to tell the difference in that pic, I know. It's not a frame off so I'll be masking and painting all that myself.

The tires are old so I didn't care about keeping it off them when the outer part of the tub was sprayed. Those aren't the wheels I'm using either.

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Great find ! Got her sister here in NW AL. Might tell some of theses boys a “buttercup” is a country daffodil !

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dennis,
Could you send me the application for the assisted living facility? I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row to make sure I end up at the facility of my choice. In case I loose my mind I don't want to just be thrown in any old retirement home.

Certainly! We could probably get you in here pretty easy. Especially, the red '69!

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great find ! Got her sister here in NW AL. Might tell some of theses boys a “buttercup” is a country daffodil !

That's cool bama.. Yes, the buttercups (daffodils) show up in Springtime, and most are yellow..

Deano

Bronco Guru
What will be done to buttercup in the future? Only time will tell. Can't wait to see the results

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No time to devote to Buttercup... Brakes, and a few other little things...not a restoration, is all that I plan to do, Deano.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I like Princess Buttercup. Just get a tetanus shot and she would be good to go. That needs a good 4th of July parade run to let the world know she is still alive.

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like Princess Buttercup. Just get a tetanus shot and she would be good to go. That needs a good 4th of July parade run to let the world know she is still alive.

Believe it or not, Buttercup is not really rusty. It is amazingly clean for sitting out all its life. I guess it did...:-X

This custom top saved the Princess Buttercup!

Attachments

• Buttercup in as found condition.JPG
    Buttercup in as found condition.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 197
OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I tried to post the sad emoji..but it won’t do it

I need to explain this..... One of Doug's neighbors actually found the Bronco and he was going to do a V-8, PS, Auto, top, doors, cut , and lifted...u know the drill, and Doug tried to buy it then to save it as it is, but the owner didn't want to sell it... then... A year later, Doug calls and says, "Do you want to buy the yellow Roadster?" Of course!... Well...in the new pricing arena, it was hard for me to ante up, but I had to have it!:-[:-[:-[:mad:

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bet Buttercup is happy you rescued her, and even more thrilled you took that top off of her.....

Deano

Bronco Guru
I hope you got rid of that top it just looks out of place on it. Kinda looks like a old milk truck with that top on it

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
How's buttercup? And do I have your vin for this one, I don't think I do?.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Very cool, love the elk. I know you don't want to do much but you may want to consider a coat of linseed oil to keep the patina the way it is