• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dan Wheeler's Dana 60 / 3 link Build Thread

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
Oh snap that is some serious cash there in that front shaft! I talked to him aobut that route and couldn't justify it at the time. Things may be different with 43's now with 1310 joints... Let me know how that thing holds up-

Info on the sway bar? Who's is it and how bad was the install?

yeah... ouch. H.A.D 1350 front and rear now. I don't think there's much to say about it holding up. I could barely lift it off the front porch by myself when it arrived. I think it might last a while.

Swaybar is the Antirock from Currie. I put the 1.75" DOM right through the frame. Used a hole saw to go through the frame which was easy but had alignment issues and needed to do some filing which was a pain.

After that its basically just weld the tabs to the axle tube and bolt everything together. Pretty easy. Antirock instructions are great if you even need them.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
1350's are the way to go, knock on wood... I haven't had issues since swapping all of mine to them.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Good to know - I've yet to kill a 1310 joint, but I know I'm on borrowed time running 43's on 4.10's with 1310's... Is there a junkyard solution for 1350's?

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
SuperDuty's run a 1350 on the slip and a 1350 CV... I have found ones with a bad CV joint and bought a standard yoke for that end. Other than that, junkyard diving! My local junk yard has all the shafts pulled and on a shelf. I just walk through and find what I want.

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
I've been getting a lot of requests for photos of the 3-link project in the last few months. I cancelled my service with the hosting provider years ago because it was $40/month. I've started moving everything to Microsoft OneDrive and re-linking all the pictures. Might take a while... in the meantime, if you need photos of something, PM me and I'll send whatever pics you need.

Dan

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I've been getting a lot of requests for photos of the 3-link project in the last few months. I cancelled my service with the hosting provider years ago because it was $40/month. I've started moving everything to Microsoft OneDrive and re-linking all the pictures. Might take a while... in the meantime, if you need photos of something, PM me and I'll send whatever pics you need.

Dan

Ouch - Photobucket screwed me over too and I've got far too much to pull. Hopefully Amazon will be better - harder to link photos though.

Kyle B

Dan

Can i get some pictures if your setup Dan? Im starting to collect parts not but im having a hard time deciding between 3 link or 4link up front.

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
Sure, I’ll PM you my email and can send you some pics. I have tons and tons of pictures but it just takes a lot of time to figure out which pic belongs with which post so I keep putting off updating this thread.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Well you had all last year locked down from Covid... lol

Can't believe the last real post was from clear back in 2016. Back in the glory days of CB and when there wasn't much else out there. This is STILL the best Bronco site out there- bar none!