• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glen green

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Im having trouble any finding pics of Glen green broncos, Ive searched all over here and googled it, trying to get ideas if I want to paint one back original.

Can you please post pics of your glen green broncos? Exterior, Interior, factory, preferable glen green and white.

Thanks guys

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
This is all Ive found and Im not even sure its glen green... I'm partially color-blind

Attachments

• 66BR87.JPG
    66BR87.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 287

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glen Green '76 Sport

Hey,
These are not glamour shots, but this is a Glen Green just as it was pulled from a 14 year hibernation in a West Georgia barn. It is typical early 80's build: '69 351, 3 speed, 3.50 gears, and 36.5 Grand Prix 4 wheel off road tires! It also has 2 broke axles in the front!?:?(Wonder why?)
It also has a white interior.....er originally was white....a little dirty now! (No Pics yet). This one is known as "Coup" because chickens were roosting on the top!;D

Attachments

• 100_2501.jpg
    100_2501.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_2644.jpg
    100_2644.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 378
  • 100_2502.jpg
    100_2502.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_2851.jpg
    100_2851.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 260
OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
that looks tan to me.

It does look tan , when its next to tan you can see the hint of green in it look at the difference in X and U thats why is so hard to find a pic of one.

Here is a pic of mine and I think the tanish color is the original "glen green"

Attachments

• iPhone 046.jpg
    iPhone 046.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 222
  • paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 199

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Here's a pic of an FJ40 with original "spring green". It's close to the green in fordfan's bronco pics.

I have also included a pic of my old tan cruiser similar to the bronco you posted.

I can't say I'm any kind of color expert, but I'd say it's not the "glen green" you are inquiring about.

The tan(ish) bronco you posted looks like an early model going by the front turn signals. Did you check the color list for 66-68 Ford trucks on autocolor library?

Attachments

• 1970_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_FJ40_3FE_H55F_Hardtop_Spring_Green_For_Sale_Utah_Front_resize.jpg
    1970_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_FJ40_3FE_H55F_Hardtop_Spring_Green_For_Sale_Utah_Front_resize.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 80
  • P8090503.jpg
    P8090503.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

landshark99

Bronco Guru
iam waking up this thread as i have been on the search for glen green photos as well.. even if its not on a bronco.. i would like to see some good photos of a truck or car in that color...

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Good luck landshark. Ive been working the crowd hard! Mine is at paint and body now as soon as its out ill post picks but dont hold your breath He's pretty backed up

landshark99

Bronco Guru
i found three decent ones that are close, some from here.. some from elsewhere.. google etc..

my76side.jpeg

Image2.jpeg

GlenGreenMaybe.jpeg

but thats about it!

iam at least 9 months away from getting my paint done so i have some time ;) Some that i find are close but the glen green I have looks like it has more yellow in it.. not sure.. my interior sheet metal is pretty nice so its has to be close.. but wanted to see it on the outside..

heres my original color after i pulled up the carpet, padding etc...

IMG_4264.JPG

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i found three decent ones that are close, some from here.. some from elsewhere.. google etc..

my76side.jpeg

Image2.jpeg

GlenGreenMaybe.jpeg

but thats about it!

iam at least 9 months away from getting my paint done so i have some time ;) Some that i find are close but the glen green I have looks like it has more yellow in it.. not sure.. my interior sheet metal is pretty nice so its has to be close.. but wanted to see it on the outside..

heres my original color after i pulled up the carpet, padding etc...

IMG_4264.JPG

The last pic of the interior is for sure "Glen Green", and I think the first pic is. The two middle pics are not "Glen Green". The second pic of the half cab is a '66 in "Springtime Yellow" and the one with the soft top is some form of yellow....depending on the year , can be called several names.....

landshark99

Bronco Guru
The last pic of the interior is for sure "Glen Green", and I think the first pic is. The two middle pics are not "Glen Green". The second pic of the half cab is a '66 in "Springtime Yellow" and the one with the soft top is some form of yellow....depending on the year , can be called several names.....

ya I figured they were not glen green... well at least I have the interior to check out.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ya I figured they were not glen green... well at least I have the interior to check out.

It is a nice looking color.....especially on a restored Ranger!!!! I remember back when Bronco's were new, a fellow in our small town bought a almost new '76 with the special decor paint in Glen Green with the white stripes across the hood and down the side......It was real big back then too....maybe 33's....Buckshots.... if I remember correctly......Oh, Q was the size. Wow!!!! I still remember how sharp that was cruzin' through town!!!:cool::cool:

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
It is a nice looking color.....especially on a restored Ranger!!!! I remember back when Bronco's were new, a fellow in our small town bought a almost new '76 with the special decor paint in Glen Green with the white stripes across the hood and down the side......It was real big back then too....maybe 33's....Buckshots.... if I remember correctly......Oh, Q was the size. Wow!!!! I still remember how sharp that was cruzin' through town!!!:cool::cool:

Your dreaming again there wonderboy ahh the good old days!%)

taylorB

Loc.
Canton, GA
Here is a pic of mine and I think the tanish color is the original "glen green"

This is off topic but, i saw your bronco on the board a couple months ago and i LOVE the paint!!! The coolest shades of green and a wicked pattern ;D
Cary on....

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Bumping for anyone to post up their Glen Green broncos - need some pics, there has to be someone out there with one..

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Here's glen green mixed in tintable raptor bed liner. I will post yall some pics when I have the outside painted too

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 63
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 57

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Here's glen green mixed in tintable raptor bed liner. I will post yall some pics when I have the outside painted too

very nice.. prepping my truck to head off to the blasters then the painters.. glenn green for me as well..

post up when you have it painted as iam a few weeks off yet and would love to see a bronco in an actual glenn green color...

landshark99

Bronco Guru
well my truck is off to the blasters.. .going to repaint it in Glen Green...

leaving the glove box door the original color ;)

glovebox.jpg