• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear seat question

Broncocw

I want to make a bracket that will allow me to flip the rear seat forward. I can replace the rear bolts with studs and use nuts. I need ideas and definitely PICS of a bracket where the front bolts are. Something similar to the passenger front seat. I don't want to pull the seat everytime I hunt.

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
Tech should be fine for this sort of a question. I don't think I've ever seen someone do that with a stock seat. The frame of the seat doesn't allow the seat back to fold before tumbling so its not going to give you that much more room to fold it forward. Actually I don't even know if you would have enough space to fold it forward without hitting the front seats.
That being said, all of the vendors sell a nice fold and tumble seat that is designed exactly for what you have in mind.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
the frame is round (ideal to flip/rotate). For the frnt bend 2 straps around a sim sz pipe till lapped over itself. Drill 2 holes, press onto frnt legs, bolt thru both @ the 2 wheelhouse edges semi-permanant (till it breaks frm wear) 3 if ya want. On the back - do not bolt dwn. Make a plate & (is it a) 'turn buckle' (or is it a 'thumb latch'?) looks a lill like the winged nut to hold a spare tire to the bulkhead or tail gait. At any rate 1 of those swiveling fasteners that U can turn round it's center bolt. Bolt that to the floor & twist over the back legs. Lock w/a screw hook if needed (a lock 4 inside of a screen door).
Not fancy but gets er done. 'S Y I got a bronk after all (not a mall crawl).

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The two best options as I see it are either a fold and tumble or setting up a quick detach system so that it can be completely removed easily.
I have had a Scout II and a couple of Subaru wagons with factory fold and tumble seats, I like the way they work as a bulkhead to keep things in the back from coming into the front.