• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1970 Raven Black Frame off Build

turbotim2

Looks great!

You will probably need to make a few adjustments in your steering linkage and trac bar length as you start adding the weight of the body to it.

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

Looks great!

You will probably need to make a few adjustments in your steering linkage and trac bar length as you start adding the weight of the body to it.

Thank you. I will post pictures again with the body on to figure that out.

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

Clutch in... Gas tank in... I was cleaning the engine compartment from the layers of 20 year old dirt and found these cool stamps on the fender where the hood covers (on both sides).

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

Took a 2+ year break... we had our 3rd baby and every free minute is spent with them. Ive been able to break free a little and had time to:
-Sandblast the entire undercarriage and painted it.
-Took the dash and firewall insulation out
-Removed the steering column. (I want to get an ididit tilt column).
-The floor boards are perfect but the paint was gone so I primered and will need to re spray.
-Put new body mounts in and put the body back on the frame.

Attachments

• bronco7.JPG
    bronco7.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 169
  • bronco6.JPG
    bronco6.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 195
  • bronco5.JPG
    bronco5.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 226
  • bronco4.JPG
    bronco4.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 232
  • bronco3.JPG
    bronco3.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 223
  • bronco2.JPG
    bronco2.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 229
  • bronco1.JPG
    bronco1.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 252

chuckyb

Contributor
Looks great....it is hard to get time in when there is kids involved, for sure.

So 31's and stock wheels, any type of lift? Looks a little lifted but can't tell for sure.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Took a 2+ year break... we had our 3rd baby and every free minute is spent with them...

Wow! No wonder you've been busy!
But you better get on it Hoss, as pretty soon they're going to be wanting to help, then wanting to drive it, then wanting to drive it to High School, then arguing over which one is your favorite child and who actually owns it!

Not a better parent/child project out there though.
Have fun.

Oh, any of them girls? If so, they're absolutely going to want it.
But you knew that already...;)

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Time to get after it... You been a busy man

Time for some fun hopefully :)

Took a 2+ year break... we had our 3rd baby and every free minute is spent with them. Ive been able to break free a little and had time to:
-Sandblast the entire undercarriage and painted it.
-Took the dash and firewall insulation out
-Removed the steering column. (I want to get an ididit tilt column).
-The floor boards are perfect but the paint was gone so I primered and will need to re spray.
-Put new body mounts in and put the body back on the frame.

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

Thanks guys!

Suspension lift is 2.5.

Paul, I need to make another good size order soon...

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

Wow! No wonder you've been busy!
But you better get on it Hoss, as pretty soon they're going to be wanting to help, then wanting to drive it, then wanting to drive it to High School, then arguing over which one is your favorite child and who actually owns it!

Not a better parent/child project out there though.
Have fun.

Oh, any of them girls? If so, they're absolutely going to want it.
But you knew that already...;)

Paul

Oldest is a girl (10) then two boys (8 and 2). Between school and sports we are never home!

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

Floors painted for protective purposes.

Attachments

• DFC71BD1-A583-484B-87D5-08C862E4AFD1.jpg
    DFC71BD1-A583-484B-87D5-08C862E4AFD1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 184
  • C03DE9A2-2436-405F-B13D-9E74DF8BC2E7.jpg
    C03DE9A2-2436-405F-B13D-9E74DF8BC2E7.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

Raven Black Broncos Rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be honest. Black was one of my least favorite Bronco colors (if I had a choice)... When this rust free (seriously no rust!) 1970 came up for sale with original paint and having never been off-road. I didn’t care what color it was. Now having owned it for a few years, it’s growing on me. Raven Black seems pretty rare too, and I like that it’s unique.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
It is rare. Mine was special paint code monochromatic. When I have the hard top in,
My friends call it a Mennonite Hurst!

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

It is rare. Mine was special paint code monochromatic. When I have the hard top in,
My friends call it a Mennonite Hurst!

Ha, nice!

It see Broncos all the time in So CA. In 40 years I've never seen another Black one.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it's generally considered one of the, if not THE rarest EB color. Maybe not for every year, but certainly high on the list of averages.
I've only seen a few, and one of them was a new '77 Ranger on the lot! I still kick myself now for not having thought of taking a pic of the last few Broncos for sale at my local dealer. The '78's were already on the lot, and they had these five Rangers sitting in a row for awhile.
Now and then I'd drive by and another one was missing, until the last one was gone. Can't remember if the last one was the Blue or the Black one, but those five sure made a great lineup for what would for sure have become a classic vintage pic.

Paul

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

I think it's generally considered one of the, if not THE rarest EB color. Maybe not for every year, but certainly high on the list of averages.
I've only seen a few, and one of them was a new '77 Ranger on the lot! I still kick myself now for not having thought of taking a pic of the last few Broncos for sale at my local dealer. The '78's were already on the lot, and they had these five Rangers sitting in a row for awhile.
Now and then I'd drive by and another one was missing, until the last one was gone. Can't remember if the last one was the Blue or the Black one, but those five sure made a great lineup for what would for sure have become a classic vintage pic.

Paul

Excellent! That is what I like to hear Paul.... And thanks again for the help with the last order.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If anyone has a Marti Report on an original Black Bronco, that would tell the tale at least for that year.

Paul