• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's Your Bronco's Name?

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
named Thor - my wife loves Chris Hemsworth, its the best way to get her to ride in it lol

Attachments

• 20170414_180506.jpg
    20170414_180506.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Ol honkey

Me and my boy, eight years old at the time, were driving around doing errands one day when the horn started malfunctioning. It would randomly honk when we went around corners

I have an interesting story I just learned last year, about the origin of the term "honkey" for white people! (not telling it here)

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Since Obscure Machine really is the old version "restroyed" by ButtStank Broncos, and since I'm rebuilding, redeeming and restoring it, like in Bible stories, it needs a new name.

I'm thinking about "Rusty" because it's going to be painted a cooper pearl color, and I don't want to go with "Copper Head" or Copper anything. So, maybe Rusty.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, our Bronco has been named Blue Moon. Kind of like once in a Blue Moon

Attachments

• IMG_20170209_101537_271.jpg
    IMG_20170209_101537_271.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 32
  • bronco.jpg
    bronco.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0265.jpg
    DSC_0265.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 35

pipeline010

Bronco is called "Truck."

Not surprising, I call my son "Boy."

And I introduce my wife as "my first wife." ;D

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Since Obscure Machine really is the old version "restroyed" by ButtStank Broncos, and since I'm rebuilding, redeeming and restoring it, like in Bible stories, it needs a new name.

I'm thinking about "Rusty" because it's going to be painted a cooper pearl color, and I don't want to go with "Copper Head" or Copper anything. So, maybe Rusty.
I think that every Bronco deserves a 2nd or 3rf or however many it needs to get "restroyed", so, since it came from butt stank Broncos, how about Redemption. Definitely biblical, but mechanically sound. My .02 cents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I don't usually name my vehicles. Although my buddies named my 64 Falcon " Shake, rattle, & roll" when the leaky rear main added oil to the clutch. ;D

This one seems like it might want a name. So far it's been "The Little Bronco", since it's smaller than the 90. Some thoughts:
  • Wallet, since it wants to have all my money.
  • I was thinking about Morgan, after the Morgan horse, which is described as compact & muscular. Not bad for Broncos in general, but maybe too refined for my beat up 73.
  • Rhapaw, because it was "Rode Hard And Put Away Wet". I'd pronounce it Rawpaw. The poor little Bronco was very beat up & full of snow when I bought it. Grill, fenders, hood, doors, & a windshield frame later & it's far from done. That name's a new thought. More fitting to the individual truck. Rhapaw. I kinda like it.

...what does the "rode hard and put away wet" expression mean? ...
...horses that have had a hard workout and are all sweaty need to be walked slowly and have a cooling down period. To properly care for a horse that comes back to the barn wet with sweat, he/she needs to be untacked (saddle removed) and walked for about a half hour on a lead rope, or until the sweat has dried--which is why busy trainers hire people to walk their horses. Once the horse is cool, he/she can be brushed and put up in the stall. Failure to do this will cause stiff muscles and lameness. So the exact meaning of the phrase, as it pertains to horsemanship, is to work your horse really hard and not take time to care for it afterward...

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
I dubbed my 68 "Tin&Tar" because that's what was holding it together...now that its's cleaned up I need a new name.

The 70 is named Emil in honor of the family who owned it before me and a separate friend/old timer in my town who passed away

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I call mine Spawn. It earned the name when I was about 2 weeks into my current build, every time I turned around there seemed to be more and more rust and terrible P.O. work I had to cut out and fix. I started calling it " Satan's Spawn", so I went with Spawn for short. I am past all of the rust now but the pain is still fresh in my mind so the name is staying!

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Thinking about it, Snowball would be a pretty appropriate name too.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is Buttercup, an early 1966 U13.

Attachments

• 1966 U13 Buttercup.JPG
    1966 U13 Buttercup.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 45

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
YHGTBFSM.

Thats it's name:) Won't be able to make it a license plate of course...

Because, every part I touch, either breaks, is wrong, is badly made, is not for this vehicle, is over priced, is late, is back ordered, is not made anymore, is too big, too small, won't fit, cuts me, breaks something else, causes me to change directions.

Then, when I am ready to work with a part that should work, I go into the 125 degree garage and say "YHGTBFSM".

Last edited: