• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ruffstuff Odyssey Battery Box!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
It took us long enough, I know... But the wait was worth it! These are a perfect fit and built to take some abuse ;) We should have the doubles in a couple of weeks but I waited long enough time to test the Diehard/Odyssey battery myself before we made these, no issues after 3 years so it was time...

R1450-full.jpg

odd%20battery%20box%20w%20batt.jpg

Personally I have never had an issue with an Optima but these are pretty damned good too...

odd%20battery%20box.jpg

BTW, I spoke to Odyssey directly and they admitted that the Sears Diehard was the exact same battery and they made them for Sears under contract but Sears sells them for $100 less than Odyssey because they sell 20 times as many...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/ODDSNGL.html

Last edited:

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Bling! Nice job, I dig the laser engraving. Optima is dead to me, I've got an Excide Orbital I'm running and I'm looking forward to getting an Odyssey sometime soon for my other project.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Under the hood, in the bed, or sideways against the back of the cab! These boxes will hold it anywhere you need it!

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I read this battery isn't being made anymore. It's not on Sears website either.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Crawdad-

Physically speaking it is certainly possible, but unfortunately with the size batch we have everything cut and bent it, it isn't feasible to do single or even small run of these in stainless. Sorry about that!

duffymahoney-

I will have to look into that a little bit more, I just did a quick search on Sears website and they still have the Group 34 and 78 Die-Hard AGM batteries, which are the re-branded odysseys for a hell of a lot cheaper.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-advanc...2850734000P?prdNo=12&blockNo=12&blockType=G12

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Crawdad-

Physically speaking it is certainly possible, but unfortunately with the size batch we have everything cut and bent it, it isn't feasible to do single or even small run of these in stainless. Sorry about that!

duffymahoney-

I will have to look into that a little bit more, I just did a quick search on Sears website and they still have the Group 34 and 78 Die-Hard AGM batteries, which are the re-branded odysseys for a hell of a lot cheaper.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-advanc...2850734000P?prdNo=12&blockNo=12&blockType=G12

The Odyssey battery was sold as the Die-Hard Platinum which is discontinued.

The Die-Hard Gold which you link to is a lesser battery made by someone other than Odyssey which Sears sells for more money with a shorter warranty.

The only way to get an Odyssey battery now is buy an Odyssey battery.

Not such a bad idea either, who knows how long Sears will stay in business and what good is a warranty from a company that's out of business?