• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hellwig Sway bars?

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Group,

Got the front & rear bars last night Opened the boxes and started the rear install. No Lift on Bronco but was thinking someone has already done this install and has some pointers/ photos.... My biggest question is that the instructions say the bar where it attaches to the uprights should be parallel to the ground. If I do that it is sitting against the rear spring pack. Sorry forgot to take a photo of that part.... I am thinking that I need to rotate the attachment point on the axel down. Like I said any and all pointers are welcomed.

Attachments

• WP_20181017_18_21_51_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181017_18_21_51_Pro.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Unless they've changed the picture in the directions, don't try to match the one with lift blocks (unless you have lift block).

Honestly that was what was my confusion. I saw springs way above the sway bar and the blocks. I hope to get back to it over the weekend and at least get the back one done. I have some ideas on the front one to re-vamp the bracket and weld it to the front of the "c: bushing bracket. I really don't like the idea of putting it under the front spring, I don't want to raise the front of the bronco any more than it is. I will post photos after I am done.