• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Special Paint - 1973

edland

Just received a Marti report, the VIN Tag shows no paint code, the Marti reports shows "Special Paint". Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
City,county or State owned. Government or fire n rescue.

Btw welcome to CB.

OP
OP
edland

edland

Just received a Marti report, the VIN Tag shows no paint code, the Marti reports shows "Special Paint". Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome. The Marti report also indicated ORDER TYPE: SUMMER-WINTER RENTAL,

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Welcome and cool stats on your bronco! What is your DSO code? If you think your bronco is fairly original, and has the original dash, with a flashlight, look as far up under the dash above where the radio is and there will almost always be original paint there. My 71' has been painted 3-4 times I think, but still has the original Mallard Green up there still.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Might have been a Resort or Avis/Hertz type?

Any paper work in the glove box? Warranty tag sometimes left in with the owners manual.

Hey if you don't mind post up the Marti. Might be the dso or dealer info that might shed light on it.

OP
OP
edland

edland

New to this forum and having difficulty in figuring out how to attach a file, in the meantime here is some more info.

DSO #14
DSO Special Order #0332
DSO Item # 6562
Dealer # 14J532
Dealer: B and J Ford Sales Inc, 71 W Main St, Buckhannon WV 26201
Model: U153
Trim: 34
Equipped with;
7.00x15-6 Ply Rated Black Sidewall Tires
Reduced Noise Exhaust System
Heavy Duty 70 Amp Battery
Heavy Duty Front Springs

Any information is greatly appreciated.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Interesting, haven't seen the Summer/winter rental order before. Not sure it's even been mentioned in the "Marti Report" thread. Wasn't a Govt purchased/use vehicle either.

OP
OP
edland

edland

Might have been a Resort or Avis/Hertz type?

Any paper work in the glove box? Warranty tag sometimes left in with the owners manual.

Hey if you don't mind post up the Marti. Might be the dso or dealer info that might shed light on it.

Welcome and cool stats on your bronco! What is your DSO code? If you think your bronco is fairly original, and has the original dash, with a flashlight, look as far up under the dash above where the radio is and there will almost always be original paint there. My 71' has been painted 3-4 times I think, but still has the original Mallard Green up there still.

There was an electrical fire up under the dash and I also got it dustless blasted so no evidence of any paint. Blasting was a mistake, it was like removing wall paper in an old house. They didn't buy wall paper because it looked good, it was to cover up a problem.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
This is not the first time I've seen a special order where the color was a special order, and the Marti Report still doesn't reveal the color......... frustrating. Ford must not have documented the desired color it was to be I guess.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
New to this forum and having difficulty in figuring out how to attach a file...

Common frustration, but for a good cause.
You can use an online image hosting site like SuperMotors, or you can put some initial pics in the "garage" of your User CP above.
The best way though, and the only way to post up directly to the thread from your device is with a $12 per year contributor status.
Well worth it, but up to the individual. In meantime you can use your garage and we an click on and view from there.

Neat sounding rig. Sorry you didn't get pics in the hidden areas before blasting, but I understand the desire to get rid of the old age. Even if it brings to light things you didn't want to know about!

What colors do you remember from before stripping? And did you take any pics of it first?

Paul

snoddas

Hi guys,
I also have Special Paint on my Marti Report (1974 Bronco)

9W7661 Export ordering district under paint or tire order # 7661

Its a U15GLU with sport package

By the way, could someone explain what Accessory Packaging means.

Thanks,
Anders

HB73

Same here. Special order paint. Was orange originally maybe Caltrans vehicle?
a27820eadb581deb30c10f1d69a6588e.jpg
3c011373b56e82b51d15237cfeffbcf3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Super rare Hertz race Bronco. Paint it black with gold stripes. That would be fun. Probably back it up with some fake documents and your Martini report and really stump some people. Just don't go selling it as such.

OP
OP
edland

edland

Do you know if various states used orange color broncos as part of an interstate emergency assistance vehicles. Vehicles to patrol the interstate for cars needing assistance such as gas or changing flat tires and such.

snoddas

Mine looks like the member HB73 paint.

Attachments

• IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 34

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Become a contributor, Sticky thread at top of chat section

New to this forum and having difficulty in figuring out how to attach a file, in the meantime here is some more info.

DSO #14
DSO Special Order #0332
DSO Item # 6562
Dealer # 14J532
Dealer: B and J Ford Sales Inc, 71 W Main St, Buckhannon WV 26201
Model: U153
Trim: 34
Equipped with;
7.00x15-6 Ply Rated Black Sidewall Tires
Reduced Noise Exhaust System
Heavy Duty 70 Amp Battery
Heavy Duty Front Springs

Any information is greatly appreciated.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

And welcome to the site btw.. Good to have another fanatic w/us :)

OP
OP
edland

edland

Special Paint Color Code "G"

Spoke with Mr. John Jenkins of Jenkins Ford in Buckhannon, WV. He has been in Ford Sales since he was in High School. Mr. Jenkins purchased B and R Ford Sales, Inc of Buckhannon, WV and name it Jenkins Ford. I left a message for Mr. Jenkins last Friday about my Bronco and he returned my call this morning. He reached out to his body shop and discovered the "Special Paint" code for the 73 Bronco is "G" Chrome Yellow, it is the color that my engine bay was painted. To view the color follow this link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B1N_rnnnIs. The order type of "Summer-Winter Rental" was a purchase made by the dealership for use as a customer loaner and a rental. It was not used for government agencies, local, state or federal and it was not a solid color, the top was white.

My thanks to Mr. Jenkins and his staff.