• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JaxLax builds a Family LUBR

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
It's been a month and I just linked someone to this, so I guess I'll update.

Added a new bluetooth radio and mic setup.
Removed 2 more trailer harnesses :eek: from the rear section.
Starting to gather info on the ARA unit to test it out/rebuild for the summer.
Just spending little chunks of time hunting rattles/squeaks/etc. Nothing major, just little ones like getting the window channels tighter so the glass doesn't shake when dropped in the door.

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
WOW, I think I met you when you were "Expecting" and now he is working on the Bronco. I'm getting old!

The boy recently turned 5. My girl is just past 1.
And quite possibly. I was selling the green one and lived in Apopka/Orlando for a few years before the kids came along.

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Still in the midst of the ac overhaul, but found some time to swap in some new (yes, I know, wrong color) arm rests and cups.
They were a steal and for a few years they’ll be just fine.

Attachments

• 359740BB-5674-47C7-9732-6312F16D4D97.jpg
    359740BB-5674-47C7-9732-6312F16D4D97.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 57
  • BD979E8A-D5A7-4EB9-A4EF-F6F0CA7E87BB.jpg
    BD979E8A-D5A7-4EB9-A4EF-F6F0CA7E87BB.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 61
  • F57307BF-2E47-40E0-8F4D-46043126A1A0.jpg
    F57307BF-2E47-40E0-8F4D-46043126A1A0.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Finished the AC work!

Next on the list:
Slow leak in power steering box. Looks to be from the high pressure line seeping up past the threads.
Ordering a cage and 3 or belts.
Possibly going to LED headlights. Never been satisfied with the H4 upgrade.
Rear signals still don’t blink independently.

Otherwise, I’m just gonna drive.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My turn signals don’t work either, since my steering wheel upgrade. After blowing 3 fuses I invested in a $3 15A circuit breaker, which will remain until I figure out the problem ;D

Attachments

• EF63B5E2-AC09-48DE-A48C-8144C0A05AAA.jpg
    EF63B5E2-AC09-48DE-A48C-8144C0A05AAA.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
My turn signals don’t work either, since my steering wheel upgrade. After blowing 3 fuses I invested in a $3 15A circuit breaker, which will remain until I figure out the problem ;D

The issue is that they do work, only under certain conditions.
I’ve removed two towing harnesses so far and tried to get everything back to stock, but problems persist.

The front work as intended, both independent direction (left/right alone) and flasher.
The rears though, have problems.
I have no reverse lights (which I need to check the column pin), but my rear brake lights and the flashers work. So the bulbs are fine.

The issue is that I have no left turn signal and the right signal causes both to flash (like the hazard).

So the electrical connections are there. The bulbs work. There’s just something in the turn signals that’s messed up.

I’d like to replace the back half with a stock harness or the aftermarket one, but it’s not worth $125 to me if I’m going to rip it out when I do a full rewrite.

badkarma

Just read this and I have the same exact thing going on with the 67. Right turn is flashers, and it started when I upgraded to L.E.D Taillights. things got wonky so put them back to stock and still same exact issue. I did have the stereo guy use a wire under dash for power which was a turn signal that same week but corrected that. Completed a ididit column upgrade 2 years ago and am about to check all those connections next.

QUOTE=JaxLax;3094697]The issue is that they do work, only under certain conditions.
I’ve removed two towing harnesses so far and tried to get everything back to stock, but problems persist.

The front work as intended, both independent direction (left/right alone) and flasher.
The rears though, have problems.
I have no reverse lights (which I need to check the column pin), but my rear brake lights and the flashers work. So the bulbs are fine.

The issue is that I have no left turn signal and the right signal causes both to flash (like the hazard).

So the electrical connections are there. The bulbs work. There’s just something in the turn signals that’s messed up.

I’d like to replace the back half with a stock harness or the aftermarket one, but it’s not worth $125 to me if I’m going to rip it out when I do a full rewrite.[/QUOTE]