• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jon Melton, our Bronco Youtube brother!

Bonefizz

Contributor
Loc.
The poor house
Great write up in Bronco Driver magazine! I dig your videos, can't wait for the next one! Way to represent!

Attachments

• Jon.pdf
    367.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Jon.jpg
    Jon.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got it in California before you? You're closer to the publisher! How does that work?!

You ever made a visit to them north Georgia/South Carolina mountains? Even the squirrels get lost up there all the time.:eek:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
haha, I bet.. :D

We participated in a RAID event in the north Georgia mountains in 2004. Had, if I recall correctly, at least 5 Bronco competing..maybe more, and the editor of Bronco Driver was along for the adventure too.

What a fawking adventure it was!! Almost lost everything on my entire trailer setup trying to climb Pat Haye's nearly-vertical driveway to start off with. phred helped save that disaster with his '78 Bronc. After the event started, we was always lost...fighting off roving bands of ATV-borne vehicle-stripping parasites at 2 am (phred had that duty..along with BD editor..me and my other co-driver were off to camp to get spares)...trying to back out of some remote rural property entered accidentally 'cuz navigator couldn't read GPS worth spit and trying to talk really pissed off meth-cooking toothless mountain dude with shotgun out of shooting you in the back as you turned to leave..and so on.

Were pulled in to one of the check points when in rolled a DEA posse with dogs and the whole nine yards. There went one of our Bronco team..off to jail he went because one of the mutts liked the smell of his EB. I think it was a setup..the local Jeep and Nissan mafia set him up.

And that damned canoe leg...bowt to kilt me..I thought we won it but they said we missed a check point.

I should write a book. ;D

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice.... Sounds like an adventure for sure.. Great memories

We participated in a RAID event in the north Georgia mountains in 2004. Had, if I recall correctly, at least 5 Bronco competing..maybe more, and the editor of Bronco Driver was along for the adventure too.

What a fawking adventure it was!! Almost lost everything on my entire trailer setup trying to climb Pat Haye's nearly-vertical driveway to start off with. phred helped save that disaster with his '78 Bronc. After the event started, we was always lost...fighting off roving bands of ATV-borne vehicle-stripping parasites at 2 am (phred had that duty..along with BD editor..me and my other co-driver were off to camp to get spares)...trying to back out of some remote rural property entered accidentally 'cuz navigator couldn't read GPS worth spit and trying to talk really pissed off meth-cooking toothless mountain dude with shotgun out of shooting you in the back as you turned to leave..and so on.

Were pulled in to one of the check points when in rolled a DEA posse with dogs and the whole nine yards. There went one of our Bronco team..off to jail he went because one of the mutts liked the smell of his EB. I think it was a setup..the local Jeep and Nissan mafia set him up.

And that damned canoe leg...bowt to kilt me..I thought we won it but they said we missed a check point.

I should write a book. ;D

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need to subscribe again. I've moved around so much it didn't keep up with me.