• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC bronco's soft top / order, 3+ months???

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Mine took several months but they came through. I've ordered a couple from them without issues. Just took some time but I wasn't in a hurry.

Edit- 99 percent sure BC doesn't sew the canvas. They farm that out. At least that's how they were doing it last I spoke with them.

OP
OP
B

buckroseau

Mine took several months but they came through. I've ordered a couple from them without issues. Just took some time but I wasn't in a hurry.

Edit- 99 percent sure BC doesn't sew the canvas. They farm that out. At least that's how they were doing it last I spoke with them.

I guess I get that, and really don't care. But, you would think they would have some sort of schedule? Whether it be 1 week or 1 year, they would at least know what is happening???

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I would not be very happy if they had charged my card and had no estimated delivery date. That’s messed up.......

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
They're inept. I'm still waiting for the custom parking brake cables Jason promised me and I paid for over a year ago. Five of the six times I've ordered from them over the years, they managed to screw things up. Get your money back while you can.

Come on Justin that at is not fair you asked for something we did not offer and I said I would try to get a sample the company that makes them for me (I don’t make them, they are made 5 states away so I can’t go and yell at them) I can’t make them make custom one off parts. I called and told you they would get back with me, they never would give me an answer so I told you I would not be able to get them for you. As of today they still will not make them.

Last edited:

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Thanks for bringing this up.
We made a big change a year ago on the top and for the first time we are having the top frame built off site. Once we got all of the bugs worked out of the production process, Including producing new weld jigs and new snap jigs for their facility and ours. We got three batches on time and correct, then they made a slight change in they’re milling program so we wanted to verify the final product was correct and noticed they had damaged the snap jigs ( instead of using them to mark the holes they drilled through the jig into the framework losing the center marks. The only way to fix that was to rebuild the jigs from scratch remarking the holes using the soft top I had to remove from my bronco as the control. It’s not something that’s just a simple fix because the place that makes the framework is not the place that makes the canvis that’s is an eight hour drive away from us Just to verify they are correct. The worst part is that If those pieces don’t match the end-user the customer is the one finds out. The good thing is all of that has been resolved and tested, to verify everything matches. they are currently building 10 more frames and I have six canvases in stock. With fingers crossed all of the delays on the top are behind us.

This is one of the two reasons we have been holding off on releasing the 1/2 cab soft top,(had to get the new production process correct on the current top first) second reason for the hold up is we are working out the roll cage to complement the new 1/2 cab top.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good to hear Jason.. We know you'll get it worked out.

the new half cab one looks killer

OP
OP
B

buckroseau

Thanks for bringing this up.
We made a big change a year ago on the top and for the first time we are having the top frame built off site. Once we got all of the bugs worked out of the production process, Including producing new weld jigs and new snap jigs for their facility and ours. We got three batches on time and correct, then they made a slight change in they're milling program so we wanted to verify the final product was correct and noticed they had damaged the snap jigs ( instead of using them to mark the holes they drilled through the jig into the framework losing the center marks. The only way to fix that was to rebuild the jigs from scratch remarking the holes using the soft top I had to remove from my bronco as the control. It's not something that's just a simple fix because the place that makes the framework is not the place that makes the canvis that's is an eight hour drive away from us Just to verify they are correct. The worst part is that If those pieces don't match the end-user the customer is the one finds out. The good thing is all of that has been resolved and tested, to verify everything matches. they are currently building 10 more frames and I have six canvases in stock. With fingers crossed all of the delays on the top are behind us.

This is one of the two reasons we have been holding off on releasing the 1/2 cab soft top,(had to get the new production process correct on the current top first) second reason for the hold up is we are working out the roll cage to complement the new 1/2 cab top.

So when are they shipping if someone has one on order for several months now? And if the canvas is in stock can that ship now?