• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vin HELP!!!

NickC24

Contributor
I need help identifying what year and other info from the vin number of an extra frame I have. It doesn't have the shock mounts on the front or rear and it doesn't look like they were cut off. Is that a 66' thing. I know they have some weird differences.

*U15GLM68420*

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Yes, early '71 with a 302. Forward facing rear shocks was a '66 thing.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So it's not possible someone between 1972 and you obtaining the frame, cut the mounts for shocks off (maybe to install a shock hoop or rear inboard shocks or??), ground them smooth?

I know all production Broncos had shocks, so therefore had shock mounts... but...maybe it's not a production Bronco frame - Are there both VINS on passenger side
frame rai? One midship, the other by belhousing/engine jct. Maybe order a Deluxe Marti Auto VIN report - it will tell you sale date, buck date, build date, schedule date, and selling dealer.

Then you can confirm it was a production Bronco and would have had shocks on it..... And someone between new and you getting frame, ground off the mounts, but did a better job than most Previous Bronco Owners with a sawz-all and beer.

OP
OP
N

NickC24

Contributor
So it's not possible someone between 1972 and you obtaining the frame, cut the mounts for shocks off (maybe to install a shock hoop or rear inboard shocks or??), ground them smooth?

I know all production Broncos had shocks, so therefore had shock mounts... but...maybe it's not a production Bronco frame - Are there both VINS on passenger side
frame rai? One midship, the other by belhousing/engine jct. Maybe order a Deluxe Marti Auto VIN report - it will tell you sale date, buck date, build date, schedule date, and selling dealer.

Then you can confirm it was a production Bronco and would have had shocks on it..... And someone between new and you getting frame, ground off the mounts, but did a better job than most Previous Bronco Owners with a sawz-all and beer.

Yeah it has two stampings on the passenger side that match. I will look into the Marti report. If they ground them off they did a really good job.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool, good luck and let us know what you find out! As an aside, I own a Bronco built close to your frame...U15GLM667XX