• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nationwide shoutout .....the boy has made it

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you are all so right....could of happened in middle America, under the eclipse! Cut bait and move on I guess....thanks for the kind words and caring....best family a guy could ask for

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Randy, Glad to hear he's good to go but sucks dealing with that crap.
Had similar experience with my son and friends driving down to spring break and blowing the motor. Broke down in some funky little town and got a ride from some shady local folk and had to hang at their place all day waiting for another ride.%) Worked out in the end.

If he has half your smarts he's good. (sure he has alot more though ;D)

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Member 75Denver is/was in Sparks, last I knew, and might have a salvage yard hookup.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Any guidance would be welcomed!

Thanks Dave...hey.....wait a second!;D

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I pinged a Bronco buddy on Nor Cal Broncos that lives in Reno. He is a Body guy by Trade... He did not have a recommendation... :( Standard call to P-n-Pull, they will come and do pick up.

He suggested a Google search, wreaking yards in Reno/Sparks. And make a few calls.

Wish I could offer more...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
you are all so right....could of happened in middle America, under the eclipse! Cut bait and move on I guess....thanks for the kind words and caring....best family a guy could ask for

LOL, exactly right....

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
WELL, probably the last update to this. He has arrived in Oakland and is getting settled. Currently job hunting while preparing for school. has secured housing as well. I am glad that I can count on my brothers for support and lend an ear. STILL waiting for the dealership to call me back, have left 4 messages to no avail. We shall see what they have to say but I am sure at this point it really doesn't matter as far as the Fusion getting fixed. Will post if anything changes.....thanks guys and let me know if I can ever be of assistance up here in the north east!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I am glad he arrived there safely. One good thing, he doesnt have to find parking in Oakland. Get a crappy old bike, a chain and a lock you can barely pick up. Make sure the old bike has no quick release components. Uber will be his best friend now. One thing about experiences like this is, it is good for a young man to experience life's little problems. Only through experience does one learn the when problems arrive you have to change plans and deal with it. Once dealt with you learn you can actually handle these problems and survive.

Best wishes for you to be able to handle his absence. You have done your job and seems to have done it well. He will be forever changed when he returns home. Daddy's little boy will return a man with his own way of dealing with life. I am Sorry for you what California is going to do to him. Everyone is weird out here.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
thanks....like I said, not his first rodeo....he has travelled the world and has a lot of experience.....and he's 32 :)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Thankful to see he made it Randy, I hope everything with the car works out for the best!

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THANKS....he is not far from the school so car may not even be needed in the immediate future.....might be across country for me if I find another one! :cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
thanks....like I said, not his first rodeo....he has travelled the world and has a lot of experience.....and he's 32 :)

Nice to have that experience under the belt.. I'd like to do that in a damn RV some day.. Stupid Debt

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Randy, sorry to hear about your sons problems in Nevada. Glad to hear that he got to California safely! ;D

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
one learn the when problems arrive you have to change plans and deal with it. Once dealt with you learn you can actually handle these problems and survive.
a requirement to be an EB owner;D
glad he finally made it

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
"Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble";)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
THANKS....he is not far from the school so car may not even be needed in the immediate future.....might be across country for me if I find another one! :cool:

haha, won't turn down a road trip right