• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moving to Arizona

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
No problem did it myself a month ago. Did the 2 year renewal too. No emissions ever!

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just wanted to give an update. I ran my Bronco thru emmisions, but I was over twice the limit on one of the catagories. I went with the classic car insurance route with Hagerty and it couldn't have been easier getting my registration. I pay around 20 dollars a month for really good coverage rather then the 30 i was spending for just liability. Thanks for all the help, it was a huge help.

I called Hagerty for a quote and the second I told them I would take it off-road 5% of the time they said forget it. Won't insure if you take it off-road. Did they ask you that?

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I called Hagerty for a quote and the second I told them I would take it off-road 5% of the time they said forget it. Won't insure if you take it off-road. Did they ask you that?
Yeah, same here when I tried with USAA (they actually sub out to "American Collectors Insurance") The lady asked if I took it offroad and I said occasionally. She stopped me right there and said they couldn't insure it (at least not as a "classic")

My guess is that most people getting classic insurance for their Broncos are just not mentioning that they take it offroad. My worry is that when it comes time to make a claim and the insurance company will find those cool trail shots on your Facebook page. Then they'll drop your coverage and not pay a dime on the claim. :(

BroncoBrandon

I ran into the same thing when I did a quote for a Classic Car policy. The price and coverage was really nice till they asked about how often it would get driven. They didnt like that I told them that it would be seeing a lot of dirt trails.

BroncoBrandon

My guess is that most people getting classic insurance for their Broncos are just not mentioning that they take it offroad. My worry is that when it comes time to make a claim and the insurance company will find those cool trail shots on your Facebook page. Then they'll drop your coverage and not pay a dime on the claim. :(

I though the same thing when I got off the phone with USAA that day.

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

The insurance route is the way to go. I told them I wouldn't offroad it ;).

Last edited:

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
They will insure it, they "wont" cover off-road claims. They don't need to know how fast you have taken it on the hwy. They don't need to know how often you flex its suspension on a buddies tire. Come on guys...