• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

joshua

Contributor
Pulled everything off the frame that was bolted down, plus cut off the shock towers. No broken bolts I’m happy to report. Just the suspension left. Wire wheeled most of the top.

Hopefully get the rest of the top side done tomorrow, then pull the suspension. Proceed to wire wheel the bottom. Maybe even get the hoops and rear shock mounts welded on.

Attachments

• IMG_4523.jpeg
    IMG_4523.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 20

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Finished bending and installing my stainless brake lines and installed my home made 20 something gallon tank. Also ran the fuel supply line up front and installed the pre-pump filter and pump. Need to
run my return line down the opposite rail and touchup a few places with paint, and I'm ready to install the body back on the frame.

Brake lines 1.jpg Brake lines front.jpg Fuel tank front.jpg Fuel tank mid.jpg

Attachments

• Fuel tank side.jpg
    Fuel tank side.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 28

joshua

Contributor
Well in typical 56 year old off road vehicle fashion, the bronco did not want to give up the ghost. Fought all day with the radius arms. But they won in the end.

Both stripped the f out. So if anyone has a set near mn, hit me up. I’m looking. But did get the suspension off in the end.

Goal was to wire wheel the bottom of the frame, and around the spots that had springs in the way. But I Only work till 5 pm tomorrow/today though. Should get that goal done a day late.

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

NJBronk

Contributor
While painting my steering column parts (rebuilding 3 on the tree) I decided to paint my Grant steering wheel. It’s the cheaper polyurethane version (not wood) that was installed by the PO and I’ve never liked the color as it is reddish-brown and clashed with my reddish-orange paint.

A few coats of satin black krylon fusion came out pretty well (just lightly sanded and cleaned to prep). I’m considering wrapping it with one of those stitched leather kits (needed to paint it anyway as the color would have shown where nubs leading to the spokes are), but I think the paint would hold up pretty well and could always be touched up.

IMG_0694_Original.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

Cmaxx252

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield
What color is that Cmaxx252? Looks great.
Thank you sir, I cant take credit though. I dont even know the paint code. When we bought the bronco it was this color. I'll eventually paint it white :)
She's got some rough corners and hail damage from the previous owner.

Last edited: