• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rocky Roads Custom Vintage Broncos

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Yeah, first post and posted into the tech section no less?

Damn, Shawn looks old from what I recall seeing last.

They have been around a long time, but it seems they do not have the best reputation among many EB owners. Their clientele seems to have generally been celebs and big $ people who are not "Bronco people" that really do not know Broncos. At least that is the perception I have always gotten.

BRONCOBERT

Why do they have such a bad rap, did they ever screw anyone over as bad as BAB?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
He mostly deals with people who dont know enough or have too much $$ to know they got screwed. Last year he bought some 77 parts from a friend of mine then helped himself to some extra stuff he didnt pay for.

BRONCOBERT

Hey pass the popcorn
smileyvault-popcorn.gif

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Sign up on CB today and post a link to an advertisement in the wrong forum. Seems like somebody at RR had some free time on their hands this afternoon.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Why do they have such a bad rap, did they ever screw anyone over as bad as BAB?

A lot of bad experiences from people here on the board.

On their old website they had this long build article detailing how they took a historic Stroppe Balloon Chaser Bronco, stripped it down and basically turned it into a run of the mill cut and lifted Bronco. Essentially destroying a quite rare piece of Bronco history. As others have said, they cater to those who have $$$ to spend and aren't really part of the Bronco community.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Common Sense is not so common.... knowing what you have before you F' it all up would be a good idea.

Pete

Loc.
kansas city
Seems like iam seeing more and more of these company's who are buying them all up totally restoring them and selling them to guys with deep wallets. Ill never sell mine to someone like that.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
At the Fabulous Ford Show this past year, it seemed like he had a lot of people around his rigs. Plus, it does seem like the level of work has improved greatly.

Whatever, to each their own!

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Seems like iam seeing more and more of these company's who are buying them all up totally restoring them and selling them to guys with deep wallets. Ill never sell mine to someone like that.

LOL....You havn't seen anything....It's bad on the muscle car side.....fakes all over the place (sorry "clones") and fake paperwork (sorry "cloned paperwork)..LOL

Deep pockets are easy to get into.....Something about fool and his money?

Tim

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
anyone who wouldn't sell his/her Bronco to someone with deep pockets probably doesn't understand how capitalism works and probably thinks obamacare is a good thing.