• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"ARMY GREEN" EB Build

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Glad to see you back in the grind, or should I say paint! Almost there, keep up the great work!

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
"Yes, I am still aware that I am a bit behind on my 3 week build...." Yes, yes, it is ok, you are among friends we totally understand.

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

"ARMY GREEN" 3 week build

I spent some time in the garage today and was able to finish prepping and painting the interior of the doors. I also noticed when I was prepping my gun that the cup vent was plugged. From the outside and the inside it looked good. The gun shoots so much better without a vacuum. It laid out so well I am excited to pull the Syclone in for its paint once Army Green's roll cage has been installed.

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

I was able to get half the cage sandblasted before the tip eroded away. I will pick up some more in the morning and finish it up. Since i couldn't blast, I spent the midnight hours hitting up the various suppliers for some new goodies.

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

I was able to finish up the sandblasting on the cage and front bumper. Sprayed the epoxy primer and now to put on some surface primer. Winter must be coming; it's getting dark at 2 am.

dy3uzu2a.jpg

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

Here is a shot of one I the doors in color I am just hanging out letting the booth air out. The Mrs. does not like to smell paint fumes.

eve2ajar.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

I flew down to Denver to drive my son and his jeep up to Fairbanks. Ironically, while I was on the phone talking with Melissa from Bronco Hut to clear up an order I placed, I found out I had just passed close to the shop a few hours earlier. Could have saved on the shipping! Road trip ends this weekend and the cage will be going in quickly thereafter. Right now just exploring rural Montana back roads!

Derekryan84

Loc.
Henderson, Tx
I flew down to Denver to drive my son and his jeep up to Fairbanks. Ironically, while I was on the phone talking with Melissa from Bronco Hut to clear up an order I placed, I found out I had just passed close to the shop a few hours earlier. Could have saved on the shipping! Road trip ends this weekend and the cage will be going in quickly thereafter. Right now just exploring rural Montana back roads!

Sounds like fun!

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

worked on ARMY GREEN today. My brother installed the light tabs onto the front bumper and built a swing out stop to prevent any body damage. I primed and wetsanded the roll cage and then painted it tonight. I was hoping to powdercoat it, but it is just too big for me to do without an oven and the shops in town don't have very good reputations yet.

Here is the cage. Installing it at 9am!

My son is going to sandblast the heater box, while I install the carpet and seats, I can then reinstall the heater box and then get to work on the dash installation. Good timing, as my carpet hold-downs came in the mail today!

I will have to put the bronco on hold on Thursday so that I can paint the Syclone. It needs to be painted so I can get all the ground effects installed and out of the garage, shed and yard...%)

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

Cage installed, carpet installed and the seats are in the process of being installed.

hy4a3ysa.jpg

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

My brother clearanced the new dash to clear the front bars. I installed the seats and other small details.

6E5B8B00-D88D-4054-A216-3B8657395DAD-3381-000004BC0278C758_zpse0ef017d.jpg

The rear seat position is too far back for my taste, but the long travel shock enclosure didn't leave me much choice.

3E210205-0203-47A0-931C-3AFB96A6CC10-3381-000004BC1412AD54_zps6af78611.jpg

Room for some bags, but no action packers!

E2AD7C43-A8E8-4E93-B18B-B1BB181F196F-3381-000004BC1C34A3F1_zpscb6e4cec.jpg

Phoneman

Loc.
South Carolina
I wish mine had the data plates still. It was made march 22 1967. It is that same green. Trying to decide whether to paint it back that color or not. It does have the warranty sticker still though.

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

I painted the dash and inside of the doors. The shortblock is just about done and I have a fully prepped set of Edelbrock heads ready to install. I am headed to the paint booth to put color on my Syclone today, so this will sit a little while longer. On the plus side, school is out so I have some free time for the next 10 weeks to get Army Green at least running...

OP
OP
AKwheeler

AKwheeler

I would get more done but I am working on a couple projects at one time. I just got home from a 24 hour Syclone painting session. At least it is black again!