Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 02/07/12, 10:09 PM   #16
ILikeBond
Contributor

Building...

San Diego, CA
Nice luber. Will it stay uncut?
ILikeBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/12, 09:18 AM   #17
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
Thanks. I'm really not sure at this point. When I was looking I always thought that I wanted one that was cut. Now that I have a clean uncut, I'm not sure.

JSmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/12, 09:40 AM   #18
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
Here are some pics of the engine. I really don't even know what I have yet, except for a mess of wiring. I'll get all of that cleaned up soon. I'm working on getting the tanks out and flushed right now.

Old 02/11/12, 03:29 AM   #19
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
Made lots of progress tonight. Got the rear tank flushed and reinstalled. Removed the side tank because I won't be using it. Changed up the fuel lines to bypass the fuel selector and removed miles of wiring that didn't have a purpose.

I'll use the stock rear tank until I can get a BC 23 gallon. I'll order that in a week or two. Tomorrow I'll start the brakes and the rest of the fluids. Should be on the road by Sunday.

I got my PS brackets from WCB and they are not powder coated black. The picture on their site shows them black. Looks like I'll be calling Monday when they return from KOH.

Old 02/23/12, 06:12 PM   #20
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
It broke down on me last night. I knew I would need to tackle the rats nest of wires under the hood soon. I thought I would be able to complete a few other things first, but that's not going to happen. I thought my alternator went out on me last night, but it ended up being the voltage regulator.

I bought a new one, but before I install it I'm going to fix the wiring under the hood. I bought the HD headlight conversion from Tom's and I'm picking up one of these tonight. 12 circuit fuse block with ground bus and cover. http://m.westmarine.com/aHR0cDovL3d3...01MDU1NA%3D%3D

Between the MSD wiring and the rats nest coming off of my starter solenoid I figure it will be a good idea to rewire the front of the Bronco right now. It will clean everything up and I won't be worried about a fire every time I drive it. I'll update with some pictures soon.

Old 02/23/12, 07:44 PM   #21
zombie66

Out of the smoky haze of cut off wheel dust and welding gas a bronco is born

Beaverton, oregon

My Gallery
Hey Jaromy sorry to hear it broke down on you. I had the same rats nest when I got my bronco. The final straw was when my arm got burnt on a hot wire but at least the bronco did'nt catch on fire. I Went with a centech wiring harness and it was good to know I was safer on the road. As far as cutting it up for flares think on it for awhile before comitting the deed. I think your bronco looks phenomenal with the clean grey paint and no flares.

BRONCOS ARE'NT THE SICKNESS IT'S "THE CURE"
1966 bronco 302, np-435, 4:11 gears, D44, big bearing 9" w/ARB, 3.5" cage lift, 2" B.L., 35X12.5 BFG mud terrains
zombie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/12, 08:49 PM   #22
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
Hey Jaromy sorry to hear it broke down on you. I had the same rats nest when I got my bronco. The final straw was when my arm got burnt on a hot wire but at least the bronco did'nt catch on fire. I Went with a centech wiring harness and it was good to know I was safer on the road. As far as cutting it up for flares think on it for awhile before comitting the deed. I think your bronco looks phenomenal with the clean grey paint and no flares.
As far as breaking down goes, it wasn't bad. My buddy brought me a battery so I could get it to his house. I had to drive without lights for 10 miles while I followed him. That was interesting. I picked up the fuse panel today so I should be able to get started on it this weekend. I would buy a full harness but my friend is a wiring genius and he said it wasn't needed for what we're doing. I'll wait on the full harness for now. Thanks for the tips in the PM. I was able to search a few threads that you suggested.

If I do any cutting it won't be for awhile. I'm going to get it mechanically sound before I worry about the looks. I still need a 5 speed and a few other large projects. I never really liked the uncut look until I found one in good condition.

Old 03/05/12, 04:24 PM   #23
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
3g alternator and Tom's brackets have been installed. Still have some things to do to clean up the wiring under the hood, but for now this will work. Eventually I'll have a box made for the fender to hide and protect everything. I went with a 150amp breaker instead of the mega fuse.

Old 03/09/12, 08:26 PM   #24
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
New 35x12.5x17 Toyo's are a little too big right now.

Old 03/13/12, 05:35 AM   #25
Stutsmo
Contributor
Bronco Guru

"It's a work in progress!"

Elkhart

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmall View Post
New 35x12.5x17 Toyo's are a little too big right now.

nothin a little lift wont fix!

Stutsmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/12, 09:18 AM   #26
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stutsmo View Post
nothin a little lift wont fix!
Exactly!!

I have a few things to complete before I start the lift. 4x4x2 power steering, hydro boost, 23 gallon tank for sure and possible a 5 speed. Then it will be time for the lift.

I still need to figure out how I'm going to pass DEQ. I know I need a carb tune, but it was bad when I went in on Saturday. Not sure if I'll ever get it to pass.

Old 03/13/12, 10:10 AM   #27
xcntrk
Bronco Guru

NOVA

My Gallery
Garage
Looking good.. sounds like another sweet LUBER is going to get cut to clear those 35's.. ?

No Bronco
xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/12, 01:39 PM   #28
NYLES
Contributor
Bronco Guru

YOU WANNA WHAT?

FREE RUN, MS

My Gallery
Garage
cut it!............

'69, 306 EFI'ed, ZF, DANA 44, 4 WHEEL DISC'S, ASTROBOOST, 3.5"SUSPENSION LIFT, 2"BODY LIFT, GLASS BODY, 37" ON MRW, 5.13's GRZZ/GRIZZ , MOSER, STONE CRUSHER, POWER STEERING, BAILIE BILT, DURABACK, RJM
NYLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/12, 02:44 PM   #29
JSmall
Contributor
Bronco Guru

No end in sight!!!

McMinnville, OR

My Gallery
Garage
Soon, very soon

Old 03/13/12, 07:48 PM   #30
miikee73
Contributor
Shadetree Guru

I can't remember half the sh*t I've forgotten

Aloha,OR

My Gallery
Garage
You might have to move to Newberg if you can't get it to smog. Yamhill county is exempt,I believe. Are we locals going to get to see it pre-cut? See you soon!

73 Sport- Duff Stuff ultimate ps ,dual shocks,traction bars,twin stick,floor shifter, rock sliders,Tom's front discs
miikee73 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat