Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Tech - Archives

Old 05/19/07, 06:38 AM   #1
tdc_worm

Austin
full width axle swap advice...

I have a line on a D44/9" combo out of a 1978 Bronco. The front is open with 4.88 gears and factory disks. The rear has a Currie 9+ center section, 4.88 gears, a spool, and factory drums.

First question: is the 78 Bronco a good donor as opposed to other years?
Second question: what do you think is a fair price for such a set up?

I tried a search, but the misses is beating me up to get off the computer already!
Old 05/19/07, 07:31 AM   #2
Fishmanndotcom

fastest bronco on jackstands

senoia, GA
yes 78 is a good year

i'd say $600-$700 would be a fair price. course for $1000 - $1200 you could get you a set of full width one tons!

-cutts-

72 Bronco-ish 302/NP435/D20/D60/10.25 5.88's welded F/R full hydro, hydroboost, taurus fan, 39"iroks, doved F/R, 39.5" iroks
Old 05/20/07, 09:30 PM   #3
Apogee
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Cuz that's how I roll.

Tangent, OR
Only drawback to the D44/9 axles out of the 78-79 big-broncos and F-trucks is that the front D44 have the cast wedges instead of welded variety. If you're going to wrist the housing, this is a good thing. If you want to link it or move in the C's to match the EB frame width, it's a lot easier IMO to find a 76-77 axle with discs and the welded C's.

Price will depend on condition and location. I bought a running 76 F150 4x4 for $600 off of Craig's list in order to steal the axles out from underneath it along with a few other parts. If the gears are the ratio you want, and you also want to run a spool, then they're worth more to you versus somebody who doesn't want those things.

Did you know that 95% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
Old 05/20/07, 09:40 PM   #4
Tito
CB Fire Starter

The life of Tito is a path of mystery on the way to enlightenment.

Bakersfield, CA

My Gallery
Garage
A set of axles off a 78-79 Bronco up here in the NW go for ~ $400, $500 for the whole rig. I used a 78 (click the link in my signature of the big 12 inch for more details). I kept the wedges as they were as I didnt mind the width and I was going to use CAGE arms anyways, worked like a charm. I redrilled my coil cups in an inch and centered them to match the spring resting spot, I have a little bow but not much. I am very happy with my setup, only happier if they were 60's

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Tech - Archives