Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 08/19/07, 07:34 PM   #1
casadejohnson
Contributor
Bronco Alchemist

I am Canyon Man! Grab on to my bumper and I will drive you to safety.

Colorful Colorado

My Gallery
Two tone Bronco's

Who has a two tone Bronco Sport with the color split at the chrome trim along the beltline? I'm getting closer to paint on my bronco and I'm not sure what colors to go with. The current/original color is wimbildon white. I will probably stay with white for half of it but I would like to go with another color above or below the trim line. I like the blueish green color that is on page 9 of the Tom's Bronco Parts catalog but I had also thought about a light gray or silver color. I'm leaning towards keeping the top white but I'm not 100% sure. If you have two tone pics or suggestions let it be known.

Thanks

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
Old 08/19/07, 09:18 PM   #2
KevinT70

REAL Bronco Fan

Santa Clara, Ca

My Gallery
I like the two-tone look you mentioned and it's something ford applied to pickups during the timeframe our Broncos were produced.

My gallery has pics of what I did--burgandy below/white above.

I think keeping it white above-the-beltline looks best. I can't imagine gray/silver looking that good against the white but pics could prove me wrong.

(BTW--Your solid white IS a nice look, too!)

1970 Sport Halfcab, 5.0 HO, 4V, NV 3550, PS, PDB, 31", No Lift
Old 08/19/07, 11:09 PM   #3
casadejohnson
Contributor
Bronco Alchemist

Colorful Colorado

My Gallery
That looks nice! I notice you kept your entire grill white, I was thinking I would follow the same line on the color split around the front. As for the gray or silver, I saw it on an F250 the other day and it looked suprisingly good. I was on the interstate so I was not able to get any photos of it.

To make things more complicated, I was discussing color options with my neighbor out in the garage when my wife came out. She hears the discussion and says " I thought you were gonna paint it blue with a white top. It should be dark blue metallic with a white top". I have no idea where this came from because I don't recall even thinking that I would paint it blue. On the other hand it would look good. My uncle has a 07 Dodge truck that's a pretty cool shade of blue maybe I should consider it.

Old 08/20/07, 12:34 AM   #4
BlueEyeDevil

Walker, Louisiana

My Gallery
I do not know who's bronco this is, but it looks nice for the small picture I have of it. Hope it helps, it was at OCBR in '06 according to the file name it is saved as
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006image077.jpg (78.2 KB, 133 views)

Old 08/20/07, 08:01 AM   #5
deltarat
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Drew,Ms
Quote:
Originally Posted by casadejohnson View Post
That looks nice! I notice you kept your entire grill white, I was thinking I would follow the same line on the color split around the front. As for the gray or silver, I saw it on an F250 the other day and it looked suprisingly good. I was on the interstate so I was not able to get any photos of it.

To make things more complicated, I was discussing color options with my neighbor out in the garage when my wife came out. She hears the discussion and says " I thought you were gonna paint it blue with a white top. It should be dark blue metallic with a white top". I have no idea where this came from because I don't recall even thinking that I would paint it blue. On the other hand it would look good. My uncle has a 07 Dodge truck that's a pretty cool shade of blue maybe I should consider it.
You were just confused on the color, because she had not given you your opinion yet....lol.

It's OK to give out, but NEVER give up.
Old 08/20/07, 08:16 AM   #6
Baja71
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Dallas, Texas

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltarat View Post
You were just confused on the color, because she had not given you your opinion yet....lol.
LOL! Funny deltarat!

You can check my gallery for a two tone with white.

1971Stroppe Baja

My build thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122019
Old 08/20/07, 09:26 AM   #7
4x4babygirl
Bitch Puddin'

Half Bear, the Other Half Cat

Tanasi

My Gallery
Does primer count as a tone?
Old 08/20/07, 10:23 AM   #8
casadejohnson
Contributor
Bronco Alchemist

Colorful Colorado

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyeDevil View Post
I do not know who's bronco this is, but it looks nice for the small picture I have of it. Hope it helps, it was at OCBR in '06 according to the file name it is saved as
Thats the Bronco I saw in the TOM's BRONCO PARTS CATALOG. Thats cool looking

Old 08/20/07, 01:21 PM   #9
FerrumCampitor

Anything with wheels, wires, or gills - I'm in.

Hutchinson, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyeDevil View Post
That bronco belongs to Mary and David Dewitt from west Texas. Its a sweet ride. They're good friends with Patty from Tom's Bronco. If you call her up she might be able to tell you more about it or get you in contact with the Dewitts for paint colors (if they want to share )

-Alex Brown . . . formerly of the Lonestar Early Bronco Club
Old 08/20/07, 05:01 PM   #10
dan12580

NEOCON

bakersfield
crab had an orange and white one that was one of the nicest ive ever seen. i like the 2 tone also but i think it looks good to do the roof the same as the bottom color along with the 2 tone.
Old 08/20/07, 05:06 PM   #11
casadejohnson
Contributor
Bronco Alchemist

Colorful Colorado

My Gallery
I thought about calling but I don't want to do an exact copy of somebody elses ride. I'm really starting to think about a dark blue on the bottom. the only concern I have is that the colors I like are all metallic and I have never painted metallic before. I'm also wondering if I go with a metallic or pearl on the blue, should I also go with a metallic in the white on top? I really like the original white so I was thinking I could just have metallic or pearl added to the original color when they mix it. I hit a stall on the body work today when my sander shot crapps. I'll get a new one in the morning and get back at it then. Any suggestions on a good blue? The color I like best so far is on the new Dodge Trucks. If its the color I found in the paint books its a pearl color not a metallic.

Old 08/20/07, 05:12 PM   #12
Ohio Bronco 21
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Cleveland
eBay: snellisx4

My Gallery
Im presently building my 66 up. I have already started to paint it Hugger Orange but I think I am going to paint from the beltline down a graphite gray color. Maybe from just above the rocker down, still have not decided.
Old 08/20/07, 08:40 PM   #13
Baja71
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Dallas, Texas

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by casadejohnson View Post
I thought about calling but I don't want to do an exact copy of somebody elses ride. I'm really starting to think about a dark blue on the bottom. the only concern I have is that the colors I like are all metallic and I have never painted metallic before. I'm also wondering if I go with a metallic or pearl on the blue, should I also go with a metallic in the white on top? I really like the original white so I was thinking I could just have metallic or pearl added to the original color when they mix it. I hit a stall on the body work today when my sander shot crapps. I'll get a new one in the morning and get back at it then. Any suggestions on a good blue? The color I like best so far is on the new Dodge Trucks. If its the color I found in the paint books its a pearl color not a metallic.
I say NO on the metallic white to go with metallic blue. As an example, my hard top is Wimbledon white with Astra Blue metallic on top. Looks great.

1971Stroppe Baja

My build thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122019
Old 08/20/07, 11:49 PM   #14
casadejohnson
Contributor
Bronco Alchemist

Colorful Colorado

My Gallery
Here is the Blue I like. Its on a dodge but the color is cool. Its called Electric Blue Pearlcoat. The Patriot Blue is nice but I like the lighter electric Blue color. I think there was a song called "electric blue" in the 80's. I'm thinking of using that below the belt line and the original white above. What do you think?

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives