Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Tech - Archives

Old 02/24/08, 12:45 PM   #1
fastback

Asheboro, NC

My Gallery
IS 302 HO From Lincoln M IV good donor???

Saw an add in the local paper Selling a 302 HO Complete. From an Lincoln Marc IV. Is this a good Donor? Is it a direct drop in?? What else would I consider having to do if it is?
Old 02/24/08, 01:14 PM   #2
fordtrucks4ever
Bronco Guru

DFW
That model didnt come with an HO 302 to my knowledge. Its most likely came with a 460. The Mk VII came equipped with a 5.0 HO thats basically the same as any 86-93 Mustang.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Finally, I started a documented build. HERE
Old 02/24/08, 01:33 PM   #3
t.lay
Bronco Guru

Grayslake, IL
That's probably out of a mark vi or vii (if it's an h.o. mk vii). Mark ivs came with 460s. Is it still in the car - can you hear/see it running? Why are they parting it out - rust, wreck, mechanical issues? Are they including the fuel injection system - engine harness, ecu...? As far as the fit - no problem although I'm not sure about the belt and pulleys - you could end up with clearance issues or working around the ac bits (not a big deal). The block itself will bolt in. the harmonic balancer and flex plate will be a different weight than the EB 50 oz vs. eb 28 oz. Mix n match will shorten the engine life. Other than minor stuff - it's a perfectly decent 5.0 - rated at about 225 hp. Condition is key. Even in great shape, IMO I wouldn't pay much. Our local pick n pull is loaded with lincolns. Can pick up any 5.0 for $79.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm all day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Old 02/24/08, 05:24 PM   #4
fastback

Asheboro, NC

My Gallery
Here is excatly what the add said, I have not called yet to get the details. I wanted to see if it was worth the effort 1st. I also may be assuming that the engine came from the same car in the add.

302 HO Ford Engine complete. 1987 Lincoln Marc IV with rear side damage. $500.00 call xxx-xxxx
Old 02/24/08, 11:05 PM   #5
t.lay
Bronco Guru

Grayslake, IL
couldn't hurt to call and get more details. Sounds like they're selling 2 different things.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm all day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Old 02/25/08, 09:53 AM   #6
byson1

Nashville
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastback View Post
Here is excatly what the add said, I have not called yet to get the details. I wanted to see if it was worth the effort 1st. I also may be assuming that the engine came from the same car in the add.

302 HO Ford Engine complete. 1987 Lincoln Marc IV with rear side damage. $500.00 call xxx-xxxx
The only Lincoln Mark ?? in 1987 was a Mark VII. Nothing at all wrong with the motor design. It's just a speed density HO EFI if it's OE.
Old 02/25/08, 10:16 AM   #7
trailpsycho
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Indianapolis
Depending on the miles and the history of the car; that would be acceptable, especially if they give you liberty to take whatever you want (harness, inertia swtich, computer, etc.) as well as the 'complete' motor. I would go take a look at it.
Old 02/28/08, 07:54 PM   #8
fastback

Asheboro, NC

My Gallery
Turns out this is a mark vii and the guy that has it bought it for the motor to put it in his '74 bronco. He is selling the whole car for $500.00. He did not know the mileage but seemed to indicate the motor was not original. Is this a good deal, are there any other parts on it that would have bronco value. His plan was to go thru the motor before he put it in. I may go back this weekend and see if it will run.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Tech - Archives