• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Powerstroke EB

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Awesome! I've been waiting for this thread ever since you mentioned it a few months back.

What other mods did you do to the EB? Lift? Tranny, etc?

Will this one make an appearance at Carlisle this year?? :cool:

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is bad ass. You got any lower pictures?

Eugene

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
That's gonna be wicked. While I don't know much yet about EB's, I just rebuit my PSD this summer from the ground up after windowing the block due to a bad lifter & powdered metal rods. I considered trying something like this so I have a few questions.

1. What year is the block?
2. Planning on any mods to the motor ? (not that you'd need 'em in an EB)
3. What are your plans for the DP & what size? Fire wall mods?
4. What are you thinking for the instrumentation on the dash?
5. What coils are you using up front? When I pulled the motor & trans out of my Superduty( leafsprings), the front end came up about 2"'s. They ain't light!

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Sweet....I like that you are actually updating with pictures. That suspense stuff drives me insane. Nice work!

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
There is a guy on Youtube that has a 6.0 'stroke in a jeep, it was awesome. I'd find the link for y'all but I'm just not in the mood. ;D

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
There is a guy on Youtube that has a 6.0 'stroke in a jeep, it was awesome. I'd find the link for y'all but I'm just not in the mood. ;D

I got it. Here's a link to a diesel site I'm pretty active on. I started a thread about that jeep on there with links to both his youtube videos. If you scroll down a little another guy posted a link with pics of the build. Pretty tight squeeze. Click here

Last edited:
OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
To answer a few questions. There are sure to be drivetrain up grades after the transplant is complete. We are installing the factory E4OD behide the 95 model Powerstroke. The weight doesn't seem to be as big an issue as orginally thought.(more on that after test drive) Customer had already installed 5.5 coils up front with 4" rear springs to help compensate for the extra weight, looks like it is going to be about right. I'm sure it will be at many events this year, but I'm not sure about Carlisle. The customer wants to leave it stock for now and see how it does before pouring the coals to it. Customer plans on doing somekind of 4 link to control all that axle wrap it is about to endure. We are going to run a 3" DP with no firewall mods if possible.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
is there some kind of vacuum pump on that engine, or is he going to convert to hydroboost? also is it a 6.0 or a 7.3?

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
cool. where does he plan on running an intercooler?

An intercooler would really make things cramped in the engine bay. Since it will only be pulling a fraction of what it was designed to we don't think an intercooler will be needed. This model wasn't even intercooled from the factory.