• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 build-up (update7/30/08)

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are a few pics of the 76 I'm building:
1. This is what I started with, a little rust but not bad. The body lined up real good, the doors shut as they should, the posts, jams, and rockers were in good shape.
2. Primmered and ready for paint.
3. Ahh yes fresh paint, Galvinized road signs make great replacement panels.
4.This is what I have been doing this week, replacing floor and bed pan parts, yeah should have done all this before I had it painted but I had to get it in there while the booth was open.
The corrigated part of the bed I cut out from an mid 80's truck, it worked out good, the other parts are from 16 gauge plate steel.
I hope to have panels replaced by mid next week then I will put the liner in. Next I guess I will swap in the 4:10 gears, I have a tru-trac for the front and a Aussie for the rear also I will put in poly bushings in the front except for the radius arms which I have the rubber degreed from WH. I have lots of parts to install yet but its coming along.

Attachments

• 76bronco2.jpg
    76bronco2.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 128
  • pass side pan.jpg
    pass side pan.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Pside pan2.jpg
    Pside pan2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 76 after paint.jpg
    76 after paint.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 76 bronco 001.jpg
    76 bronco 001.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 145
  • bronco pics 048.jpg
    bronco pics 048.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 143
  • bronco pics 015.jpg
    bronco pics 015.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Psidebed2.jpg
    Psidebed2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 174
  • psiderear.jpg
    psiderear.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Dside pan.jpg
    Dside pan.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Heus33

Bronco Guru
ahhh you cut it! dont you know its sacrilegious to post before pics if your rig was uncut! :-X

Just kidding - it looks really great - what kind of tires are those?

OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ahhh you cut it! dont you know its sacrilegious to post before pics if your rig was uncut! :-X

Just kidding - it looks really great - what kind of tires are those?

Yeah, I had to think it over a little before cutting but I needed a rig to knock around in, the tires are Gateway Buckshots P78x15's, they are great for this area just wouldn't want to use them in deep sand you would just dig a hole.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Good progress. When welding galvanized metal, be very cautious not to inhale the fumes, they are very toxic.

OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good progress. When welding galvanized metal, be very cautious not to inhale the fumes, they are very toxic.

Yeah good point, I grind off the coating (makes for a better weld) were I'm welding, I also weld it outside. I used the stick on the galvy, not the prettiest weld but it works better outside than the mig, I didn't have any flux-core for my mig.

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Wow, that looks just like mine when I got it. Color and everything even the A/C. Are you using 7018 rods?

OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
that is a sweet color. I also want some tires like that.

They good off-road, but not the best on, they are bi-plys. I have set of radials I'm going to use in the summer.

OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
project update

Picked up the wheel studs yesterday I had machined. I looked everywhere, checked all the good parts stores and tire centers with no luck, I needed the wheels studs to be 1/2" longer because I'm running 1/2" spacers front and rear, this helps to clear the radius arms when full lock on the steering. Here are a couple of pics, the guy did a great job, I drove my 74, he was all about it, he's into restoring old cars himself and was glad to to help.

Attachments

• wheel studs 002.jpg
    wheel studs 002.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 29
  • wheel studs 001.jpg
    wheel studs 001.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are some pics of what I have done. There was rust in the filler covers and wheel wells, now I'm ready for the bedliner.

Attachments

• panel replacement rear pwheel 006.jpg
    panel replacement rear pwheel 006.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 67
  • panel replacement rear pwheel 009.jpg
    panel replacement rear pwheel 009.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 60
  • panel replacement rear pwheel 010.jpg
    panel replacement rear pwheel 010.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 50
  • panel replacement rear pwheel 013.jpg
    panel replacement rear pwheel 013.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 81
  • filler hose cover repl 005.jpg
    filler hose cover repl 005.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 66
  • filler hose cover repl 004.jpg
    filler hose cover repl 004.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 60
  • filler hose cover repl 010.jpg
    filler hose cover repl 010.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are few more pics, the last one is what it looked like before I started, the body was very straight and was a good canidate to start with, a few of my friends didn't want me to cut it but I wanted somthing to use.

Attachments

• bronco pics 077.jpg
    bronco pics 077.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 91
  • bronco pics 079.jpg
    bronco pics 079.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 61
  • bronco pics 082.jpg
    bronco pics 082.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 77
  • my76top.jpg
    my76top.jpg