• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Poly Performance 4 Link

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I just finished the rear 4 link. Figured I would post some pics and give some feed back. The guys at Poly Performance we a big help- I have personally used them for many years and we use their parts at our shop- Krazy House Customs in South Brunswick NJ.

I used the bronco 4 link kit with the universal truss from Poly. I ended up changing out the jonny joints for hiems in the truss due to clearance issues with the housing of the jonny joint but other than that everything went together nicely. I used front 3 1/2 deaver coils, upper and lower stock mounts (inspired by other members). I still need to finish the bump stops but other than that she is ready for some trail time.

Attachments

• DSC00690.JPG
    DSC00690.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC00691.JPG
    DSC00691.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC00692.JPG
    DSC00692.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 623
  • DSC00693.JPG
    DSC00693.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC00696.JPG
    DSC00696.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 655
  • DSC00697.JPG
    DSC00697.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 549
  • DSC00698.JPG
    DSC00698.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 819
  • DSC00699.JPG
    DSC00699.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 638
  • DSC00701.JPG
    DSC00701.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 750

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very clean install and setup. Thanks for posting the pics. Just curious on why the choice of coils on the rear as opposed to air shocks?
Nice rig

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Hurry up with the flex pics.;D Looks great. Did you push the axle back any?

OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
air shocks

I was going to do coilovers but I am doing this one on a budget so I went with the coils. I just bought all new rancho long travel shocks but I made all the shocks mount so that I can retrofit coilovers later. The superflex coils cost 120 and I had all the other mounts from my old frame. $300 per shock x4 (including the front) plus dual rate coils would be to much right now. Coming soon though!!! I actually have eibach coils left over from my F150 so I am a few steps ahead.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was going to do coilovers but I am doing this one on a budget so I went with the coils. I just bought all new rancho long travel shocks but I made all the shocks mount so that I can retrofit coilovers later. The superflex coils cost 120 and I had all the other mounts from my old frame. $300 per shock x4 (including the front) plus dual rate coils would be to much right now. Coming soon though!!! I actually have eibach coils left over from my F150 so I am a few steps ahead.

Sounds like a wise choice :)

OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
axle locations

I pushed it back as far as it can go before hitting the crossmember and the gas tank- its around 1 1/2 to 2 in. I set up all the links so that when I am ready I can push it back at least another 2 in.

OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
Ohh yeah- Flex Pics- Our dam fork lift is broke so its gonna be a few weeks- it will be a nice test at raush creek- i will get some pics. It is almost ready- can't wait to run it with the EFI

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Nice!! thanks for posting the pics

What size heim joints does PP's kit include?

Did you do any mods to the rear crossmember?

jdcone

Loc.
riverside, ca
And I have to ask....what kind of dough are we looking to do this set-up, if you don't mind me asking? That looks really nice.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I need to stop looking at 4-link suspensions under broncos... because its making me want to tear the leafs (that have about 50-60 miles on them) out! And I'm way too close to being trail ready to undertake that project!

OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
And I have to ask....what kind of dough are we looking to do this set-up, if you don't mind me asking? That looks really nice.

Its 1150 for the basic 4 link kit and another 250 or so for the universal truss. I am sure if I send a couple people their way they will take some off. The coils are front 3 1/2 deaver super flex and upper and lower coil mounts are factory (free) I had to make the lower mount and redrill the cups in the center to make the coils sit nice and flat. If you have any other questions.

OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I need to stop looking at 4-link suspensions under broncos... because its making me want to tear the leafs (that have about 50-60 miles on them) out! And I'm way too close to being trail ready to undertake that project!

Its exactly what I did.

OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
Nice!! thanks for posting the pics

What size heim joints does PP's kit include?

Did you do any mods to the rear crossmember?

No mods to the rear crossmember. I set it up so it just clears the truss. I set up all the links so I can push it back more when I am ready but the gas tank will have to move. The kit uses the 1 1/4 Jonny Joint but I changes them on the truss to regular hiems with high misalignment spacers- the angle was to steep in the truss for the housing of the JJ to clear properly. If you have any other questions let me know.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
What size bolts are going through the JJs?
Bore size?
Got pics of where you made the changes?
What is the length of your lower links center to center of the joints?
upper links?