• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tube Rock Sliders

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
Wanted to post some new pics of some progress. I just finished tying the cage to the frame and to the sliders, I built the sliders a couple months a go. I used 1 5/8 chromoly and 4ft angle to tie it to the cut rocker. The angle also acts as support for the fender. I wanted to do something tubular and keep as much ground clearance as possible- I'm happy with how they came out, I finished the cage also but need to take some better pics with the top off. The regular sized pics are in my gallery.

Attachments

• DSC01061.JPG
    DSC01061.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC01062.JPG
    DSC01062.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC01063.JPG
    DSC01063.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC01068.JPG
    DSC01068.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC01071.JPG
    DSC01071.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC01073.JPG
    DSC01073.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 184
OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
Thanks! If there is some interest out there I may be willing to make them. Please give me feedback.

I designed them so they can work with any body lift and all you have to do is cut your rockers off and leave 1 1/2 inches. I will be adding tube clamps so they are fully removable to be repaired or painted when needed.

OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
Nice :cool:

Did you tie them into the roll cage?

Yes. If you look close you can see the tubes coming down from the floor. Its a little hard to see from those pics- take a look in my gallery to see it a little better.

malonejy

Bronco Guru
Looks great and I sure it's fully functional. I'm sure you could sell a few of those!

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
I like the looks of those, pretty sharp. The downfall for me - I don't wanna cut mine, I wanna keep the front tank. If you had a design that came out under stock rockers, I would be interested. Looks great on yours, nice Bronco.

OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
They look awesome, but I am more interested in your rear suspension. Can you tell us about it??

I used the poly performance rear 4link kit and a universal truss, stuck front upper coil mounts and lower buckets- I made a mounting plate to bolt them down, 3 1/2 superflex (deaver) front coils and rs9000 shocks. Its rides great and flexes even better. I also moved the axle back 3 inches. Let me know if there are any other questions