Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
Rust Bullet
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Misc Forums > Test & Help Forum

Old 11/01/11, 04:42 PM   #1
admin
Administrator

Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage
FAQ - Tapatalk forum app for your phone or iPad

A very BIG THANKS to JakeAlex for putting this FAQ together. See his great instructions below.
What is Tapatalk? - Tapatalk is a phone app made for viewing forums. It uses a very simplified skin, stripping out all the styles and graphics that you normally see when surfing from your computer. Currently it's available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry & Chrome.

Is there a cost? - It is a paid app and costs $2.99. You pay this to the app maker. I don't get any cut or commission. And I'm not endorsing the product. Just presenting it as an option.

Can't I just view the forums using my normal phone web browser? - Absolutely. Many people are totally fine viewing the forums with their normal phone web browser. The Tapatalk app just gives another option and many like it because the interface is cleaner.
Go here to get the app: http://tapatalk.com

Last edited by admin; 01/05/12 at 10:49 AM..

Jon Hanna
webmaster@classicbroncos.com
http://ClassicBroncos.com
'72 Bronco, stock 302 2V, NP435 4 speed, Chevy discs, PS, 3 1/2" susp lift + 2" body lift, 33"x12.50-15 BFG KM2's, 4.11 gears (D44 and Ford 9")
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/11, 09:24 PM   #2
JakeAlex

North Ms

My Gallery
These should be in order of how iPhone users will get set up using the Tapatalk Forum App. 1st pic shows how to find the app in the App store. Once you find and download it, open it up, select “Automotive”, then “Ford”…..

Then scroll down a few options and you will see the ClassicBroncos.com Icon to select. This will bring you to the first time log in screen shown in 2nd pic. After you have logged in one time it will add ClassicBroncos to your “history” icon which will let you log in with the click of a button as shown in the 3rd pic.

The next several pics are of different shots within the App. “Latest Posts”, “Main Forum”, “Search”

“More Options” , “Forum View” . If you want to reply to a quote, just touch and hold your finger over the part you want to quote and it will put the “quote” icon on the screen like in the 3rd pic below.

The next pic shows the quote as well as an “add image” icon that will allow you to add a picture in your reply. The 2nd pic shows that once you selected to add an image, it will let you add a picture from your camera or it will let you add a picture that you already have on your phone. 3rd picture shows that the image you selected has uploaded (top left of screen under cancel) but you will then have to select “start upload” before it will let you reply while adding that picture.

Lastly, this is how the new TapaTalk App Icon looks on your iPhone home screen (bottom right). It just doesn’t look as good as the ClassicBroncos.com Icon.

Hope this helps. By the way, this app has been working really well for me in non-3G areas. It takes a little getting use to if your use to using the normal Safari web layout but the ability to add pictures from my phone is well worth the $2.99 for the App in my opinion. Have a good one….

Last edited by admin; 01/05/12 at 10:32 AM..

1974 U15 Explorer - Cut, PS, Front DB, hydroboost, Duff's 3.5 lift, 2" WH BL, 36 Irocs, 31 spline Yukon's, 4.88's, Yukon Griz lockers F/R, 6 pt Cage.
JakeAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/13, 06:43 AM   #3
half cab
Contributor
equestrian patcher

ride like the wind bullseye

North MS.

My Gallery
Garage
Just to add that I'm petty sure its free now .

half cab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/13, 10:54 AM   #4
asinor
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Tulsa, OK
Garage
There is a 'free' advertisement supported version.

They just released Tapatalk 4, it was .99 as an intro price, I believe it is 2.99 or 4.99 now.

asinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/13, 01:20 PM   #5
half cab
Contributor
equestrian patcher

ride like the wind bullseye

North MS.

My Gallery
Garage
Re: FAQ - Tapatalk forum app for your phone or iPad

I like the picture hosting part!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

half cab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/14, 01:42 PM   #6
OklahomaBroncoB
Contributor

Bixby Oklahoma
Garage
Anyone else having issues with the latest update and viewing the forums, I keep getting an authentication error
OklahomaBroncoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/14, 04:48 PM   #7
asinor
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Tulsa, OK
Garage
I can only use tapatalk pro when connected to Wi-Fi... normal browser still works. Not really happy about that.

Old 01/25/14, 05:18 PM   #8
admin
Administrator

Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage
Do you guys have these problems with Tapatalk on other forums? I would guess that this is an issue with the Tapatalk app because there are no settings I can change on my end. I install their plugin on my server and that's that.

I will check if I have the most current version. They update all the time and don't always tell me when they do.

Jon Hanna
webmaster@classicbroncos.com
http://ClassicBroncos.com
'72 Bronco, stock 302 2V, NP435 4 speed, Chevy discs, PS, 3 1/2" susp lift + 2" body lift, 33"x12.50-15 BFG KM2's, 4.11 gears (D44 and Ford 9")
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/14, 02:35 PM   #9
OklahomaBroncoB
Contributor

Bixby Oklahoma
Garage
I have the pro as well, right now it only gives me issues with this forum.
OklahomaBroncoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/14, 12:54 PM   #10
asinor
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Tulsa, OK
Garage
I'll load up a few more and check.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Misc Forums > Test & Help Forum