• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NV3550 with a 6?

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Anyone running a 6 cylinder with a NV3550 5 speed? Just wondering if anybody has tried it, and how it handles with the 6.

mcdobson

Loc.
Sacramento
Considering the same thing. Would sure like to hear from someone who has done it.

Behind a 250 I would think would be straight forward, but a 170/200 I don't know.

Deano

Bronco Guru
I would like to know to! If I can get my hands on one I would give it a try. If they worked in a heep with a 6 it should pull a stock eb down the road just fine. You would think. I have 456 in mine and I think it would help on take off and on the highway. Maby even get to keep my gas milage.

bmbm

250 and nv3550

I have that in my 66 and like it. 411 gears 30 inch tires. Changing to 31s soon. I had a good running 200 and stock trans before. The 250 has sbf bell pattern so more trans choices and the nv3550 is very well suited to the added low end torque of the 250. Always have the right gear now and it goes pretty good. I would recommend this combination.
There is good info on fordsix.com on these engines.